"Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Bitch all you want, our defense was playing well and Watson was looking shaky/beat up. Our RB just got stuff for a loss and it was 4th and 2 so that likely means a fucking shotgun play of some sort. Your QB is playing like hot garbage. I would have punted it too.

That being said, Garrett should be fired. Just not because of that decision. I don't even think that was a coaching loss. That was a GM loss (shitty WRs) and a QB loss. The coaches actually schemed us quite a few creative big plays. Eventually you have to run some standard plays and your QB needs to read the field and put the ball where it needs to be. If you can't do that, you're gonna lose.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bitch all you want, our defense was playing well and Watson was looking shaky/beat up. Our RB just got stuff for a loss and it was 4th and 2 so that likely means a fucking shotgun play of some sort. Your QB is playing like hot garbage. I would have punted it too.

That being said, Garrett should be fired. Just not because of that decision. I don't even think that was a coaching loss. That was a GM loss (shitty WRs) and a QB loss. The coaches actually schemed us quite a few creative big plays. Eventually you have to run some standard plays and your QB needs to read the field and put the ball where it needs to be. If you can't do that, you're gonna lose.
I endorse this take.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah except Dak was 3-3 for 29 yards on that drive. He gets all the blame somehow but it's the coaches who bitched out. We should have just kept passing the ball. But we have no ability to see when our QB is getting in a groove.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Agree that the fourth down wasn't the biggest issue of the game. The bigger issue is this offense looked like hot garbage all night for the umpteenth time.

It really wouldn't have mattered if we'd scratched out a win over another crappy team -- the bigger picture is that this team is poorly coached and underachieving, and has been for many games now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah except Dak was 3-3 for 29 yards on that drive. He gets all the blame somehow but it's the coaches who bitched out. We should have just kept passing the ball. But we have no ability to see when our QB is getting in a groove.
:picard

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dallas has been run by losers since 1989. Jimmy was just able to assert himself and with Jerry not ever wanting to walk on eggshells again it will continue. Fuck this team. Fuck this organization.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m all for blaming whatever and whoever, as long as it leads to a new Coach, QB, and offensive scheme.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Both can go as well. Just so ready for it all to be over but I dont think I will see it in my lifetime.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He agreed he should be fired. I think we're all there. So you're just arguing minutiae.
Yeah, no one is really sticking up for Garrett.

But the bottom line is that Dak is also sucking.

I get that you can't just cut him without having a replacement lined up, but that replacement search should be all systems go starting, essentially, right now.

That means if a Kirk Cousins is available in free agency, he should be a target. If a QB you like is available, you should trade up, sparing pretty much no expense, to go get him. Et cetera.

Dak should no longer be seen as an incumbent with a seat that is "his." It is now an open seat.

He can compete with a top 10 pick or big time free agent signee and we'll see who comes out on top.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yep. Dak wasn't the problem on that drive. Garrett fucking pussed out on 4th down but the shit started at 3rd and 1 when Linehan trotted out some stupid shit with Beasley in the backfield. Stupidest shit ever.

Bring in the full back.. pound it. If you are scared he won't make a damn yard, fake run lined up with a fullback and throw it to Swaim for 4 yards...anything but a retard play featuring Beasley in the backfield.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty explicit that it's both, and both of them can GTFO.

You are the one defending your little boy toy here.
No, I just speak in reality. I've openly talked about a new QB. I have no problem criticizing the poor plays by Dak. You're so extreme though you can't see when an opinion isn't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. Dak wasn't the problem on that drive. Garrett fucking pussed out on 4th down but the shit started at 3rd and 1 when Linehan trotted out some stupid shit with Beasley in the backfield. Stupidest shit ever.

Bring in the full back.. pound it. If you are scared he won't make a damn yard, fake run lined up with a fullback and throw it to Swaim for 4 yards...anything but a retard play featuring Beasley in the backfield.
This is exactly right. Any idiot should be able to see it. Who the fuck lines Beasley up behind the runningback and then runs with the RB. All you did was bring another defender into the box with one less blocker. It's mind numbing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He agreed he should be fired. I think we're all there. So you're just arguing minutiae.
And yet he is here defending Garrett's shitty play calling and decisions in over time. The failure of that drive had everything to do with Garrett and no one else.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No one defended any of Garrett's playcalling.

The decision to punt is definitely not as bad as people are making it out to be, but it's also neither here nor there. Even if he runs a play on fourth down and we win (no guarantee of any of those outcomes right now), whoopee, we are 3-2 with a QB who still has trouble breaking 200 yards passing on a weekly basis. In other words, still fucked.

Dak still has to go, and it's just as big of a problem as the coach.

Anyone denying that.... has a pro Dak agenda.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
No one defended any of Garrett's playcalling.

The decision to punt is definitely not as bad as people are making it out to be, but it's also neither here nor there. Even if he runs a play on fourth down and we win (no guarantee of any of those outcomes right now), whoopee, we are 3-2 with a QB who still has trouble breaking 200 yards passing on a weekly basis. In other words, still fucked.

Dak still has to go, and it's just as big of a problem as the coach.

Anyone denying that.... has a pro Dak agenda.
I'm good with it. Get rid of both of them. Garrett lucked into a couple good seasons. 2 decent seasons doesn't excuse the other shitty ones. This is a win now NFL, its all about coaching, catching a spark, and luck. Way too many new coaches and frankly- shitty coaches have made noise in the playoffs and the SB while Garrett "learned" on the job.. He's got to go.

Top Bottom