"Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Chiefs bet the ranch in the 2017 draft to get Mahomes. But still, he was 10th overall, not top one, two or three. They let him sit for a year, then trade A. Smith, who was not a great QB, but in their system a damn good QB.

Mahomes steps into the Chiefs Air Raid style offense and starts tearing things up -- because it's similar to the offense he ran in college.

Does that sound remotely like anything that would ever happen in Jerry's organization?
No but it's exactly what I would love to happen in Dallas. You have Dak for one more year after this one contractually. Draft a guy say around pick ten like a Drew Lock/Justin Herbert/Ryan Finley (The top 3 QBs McShay has in his top 32) and let them sit a year behind Dak. Then let Dak move on to greener pastures and go with the QB who has more upside. That's what I would do.

Admittedly I haven't watched Herbert of Finley much so I'd like to see more of them. Finley I have seen clips. Looks a little Matt Ryan like to me. Not sure he has a big time arm but his accuracy looks really good. Herbert I've seen none of this year.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My best guess is we're already locked in on Dak as the franchise QB and an extension. He's not going anywhere. You can hear it in the way spagnola and broaddus defend him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
My best guess is we're already locked in on Dak as the franchise QB and an extension. He's not going anywhere. You can hear it in the way spagnola and broaddus defend him.
I think this season will write Dak's destiny one way or another.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what the company men always do until they are told differently. We won't hear a negative word about Dak until he is gone. And then we will hear about how awful he was for the team.

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if next offseason is dedicate to helping Dak get back to greatness! New offensive coordinator, big time targets... So on and so fourth.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
No but it's exactly what I would love to happen in Dallas. You have Dak for one more year after this one contractually. Draft a guy say around pick ten like a Drew Lock/Justin Herbert/Ryan Finley (The top 3 QBs McShay has in his top 32) and let them sit a year behind Dak. Then let Dak move on to greener pastures and go with the QB who has more upside. That's what I would do.

Admittedly I haven't watched Herbert of Finley much so I'd like to see more of them. Finley I have seen clips. Looks a little Matt Ryan like to me. Not sure he has a big time arm but his accuracy looks really good. Herbert I've seen none of this year.

"No but it's exactly what I would love to happen in Dallas." Sorry, but what you would "love to have happen" and what will happen are light years apart. So what's the point in fantasizing that it ever will?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"No but it's exactly what I would love to happen in Dallas." Sorry, but what you would "love to have happen" and what will happen are light years apart. So what's the point in fantasizing that it ever will?
Because hope is what fuels us in life? I mean whats the alternative? Give up and choose a new team? What's the point in talking about the Cowboys if we just accept that all worst case scenarios will happen.

I guess I could just start a countdown until Jerry's death but I'm not that morbid.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Because hope is what fuels us in life? I mean whats the alternative? Give up and choose a new team? What's the point in talking about the Cowboys if we just accept that all worst case scenarios will happen.

I guess I could just start a countdown until Jerry's death but I'm not that morbid.
You would have to start one for Stephen as well.

Top Bottom