Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I said, find somebody that agrees with you. But you won't.

We all know this is true.

:lol

That bigger receivers have a bigger catch radius? That's like asking me to get others to agree that 4+2 is 6. I know it's your schtick though. Have at it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

That bigger receivers have a bigger catch radius? That's like asking me to get others to agree that 4+2 is 6. I know it's your schtick though. Have at it.
No, dummy. Your claim that it would have been caught easily and in stride. That with a taller WR it would have been a normal catch. Both statements you have made in regards to this throw. Try to keep up.

But until then...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, dummy. Your claim that it would have been caught easily and in stride. That with a taller WR it would have been a normal catch. Both statements you have made in regards to this throw. Try to keep up.

But until then...

Add 6 inches or more and tell me where it hits...

:dunce

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well.........this thread got awkward.

I'm going to go read my bible now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You keep talking about this, but even if this is true, shouldn't the QB be throwing to who is actually receiving the ball as opposed to some idealized version?
Yes, I absolutely agree. Just me lamenting that I wished we had some receivers with size and speed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't see anything that they 'made work' with Romo. If anything, Romo kept us somewhat competitive in spite of them, playing sandlot ball when he'd basically say fuck it and start slinging it around. I give Garrett and his fellow retards ZERO credit for any crumbs of success that we may have stumbled upon.

It's just my opinion, but I think if Romo would have had a competent coaching staff to work with, he would be in the argument for inclusion of the top handful of QBs of the last 15 years. And we would have had some playoff success to look back on.
I just really see no basis for completely disregarding any coaching input. No coach is going to let his players completely disregard what he wants done. Even if Romo was freelancing, everything starts out from a base of what the coaching staff had called, down to the protection scheme, the number of WRs on the field, what side of the field they are on, etc. Romo was great but the passing offense was often very highly rated. You can't do all of that simply playing sandlot football on every single play.

I think the scheme was pretty minimal/simple, true, but was designed to give Romo heavy autonomy. But that was a feature, not a bug.

But that's the point. A top QB was placed in a system that allowed him to put up top (passing) results. Those results were:

2010: 7th in points, 6th in passing yards
2011: 15th in points, 7th in passing yards
2012: 15th in points, 3rd in passing yards
2013: 5th in points, 14th in passing yards
2014: 5th in points, 16th in passing yards (the year Murray led the league in rushing).

Maybe not overachieving, but tough to argue the passing game was really being held back with those numbers too.

No arguing that a more creative staff might have gotten more out of Romo -- but I just can't buy that the coaches were all wandering completely in the dark and Romo would just go draw up something in the dirt every single play. It's not possible. They deliberately drew up a simple scheme and handed a lot of autonomy to a gifted QB as part of the design -- though gifted as in, top 10, not top 3 or top 4. No one would contend Romo was Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees.

Now that they don't have a top 10-ish QB who can be counted on to make the necessary adjustments at the line, they are out of ideas. They don't have any more complex pre-snap designs to send in. And it's backfiring massively, because Prescott can't do what Romo did.

But to make it out as if the offense Romo was running was "not an offense" but rather just a collection of improvisations unlike the amount seen by any other offense or any other QB, well, there's just no evidence for that other than anecdotal (which proves literally nothing). Like, as far as we know, Matt Stafford or Phillip Rivers or Derek Carr have the same free reign over similar quality (mediocre) offensive design. And I suspect that is the case, actually.

The point is, the staff knew how to take a top 10 QB and make him put up top 10 numbers. Presumably, the problem is they no longer have a top 10 QB. They have a bottom 10 QB and as a result, are getting bottom 10 numbers.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Keep imaging shit. Never said it was a good throw. Just pointing out the draw backs of a 5'8" WR. God some people are so sensitive. It's like if I'm not comparing Dak to Quincy Carter I can't fit in. Grow up.
Well I have news for you.

His stats are closer to Quincy Carters than a top QB right now.

So yeah, it kinda reeks of apologism.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
On pace for 3075 yards, 62% completion, 16 TDs, 13 INTS, 192 yards per game, 6.7 ypa.

Carter in 2003: 3302 yards, 58% completion, 17 TDs, 21 INTs, 206 ypg.

Colin Kaepernick's 16 game averages for his final 3 years (didn't play 16 games each year): 3124 yards, 18 TDs, 8 INTs, 60% completion, 195 ypg, 6.9 ypa. <---- This is the guy we all say in the political forum that he's not employed because he sucked, not because he kneeled. That he no longer could run an NFL offense.

Uh oh.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Quincy Carter has a career QB rating of 71. This reeks of revisionist history.
Yeah, and right now, Prescott is closer to that flat 71 rating than he is to the TWENTY top rated QBs in the league right now. So, yeah, it doesn't reek of revisionist history at all actually.

Closer to Quincy Carter than to being a top 20 QB.

Ouch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, and right now, Prescott is closer to that flat 71 rating than he is to the TWENTY top rated QBs in the league right now. So, yeah, it doesn't reek of revisionist history at all actually.

Ouch.
Lol keep pimping your agenda. That doesn't change the fact that Dak still isn't nearly as bad as Quincy. Shit Quincy couldn't even complete 60% of his passes. Just because Booze was making that comparison yesterday you now cling to it like a retard. Dak has a long ways down to go before he is Quincy bad.

Dak needs to play much better. But please stop with the overly dramatic bullshit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Ouch.
Garrett squandered Tony Romo's career, so I guess we should expect he cannot make Prescott better.

Top Bottom