Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

BipolarFuk

Demoted
In the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit?

Unless he develops into the second coming of Ray Lewis and leads a defense so good that we don't need a franchise QB, really, who cares?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Interesting that these stuck in the 90's coaches made it work with Romo but for some reason can't make it work with Prescott.
I don't see anything that they 'made work' with Romo. If anything, Romo kept us somewhat competitive in spite of them, playing sandlot ball when he'd basically say fuck it and start slinging it around. I give Garrett and his fellow retards ZERO credit for any crumbs of success that we may have stumbled upon.

It's just my opinion, but I think if Romo would have had a competent coaching staff to work with, he would be in the argument for inclusion of the top handful of QBs of the last 15 years. And we would have had some playoff success to look back on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jax may not have the offense to do it, but they have the defense to do it.

A 24-0 shutout would be just as embarrassing as 45-7.
Instead we will probably lose 20-10 with the 10 being some garbage points at the end to make it look competitive.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't see anything that they 'made work' with Romo. If anything, Romo kept us somewhat competitive in spite of them, playing sandlot ball when he'd basically say fuck it and start slinging it around. I give Garrett and his fellow retards ZERO credit for any crumbs of success that we may have stumbled upon.

It's just my opinion, but I think if Romo would have had a competent coaching staff to work with, he would be in the argument for inclusion of the top handful of QBs of the last 15 years. And we would have had some playoff success to look back on.
Yup, that's right.

On your first point, 2011 doesn't get mentioned all that much but I thought it was his 2nd finest season as a pro. He had 2 awful games vs the Jets and Lions to start the year where he was basically the biggest reason why we lost and that stuck with people the rest of the way.

But what he did the rest of the year was amazing. Almost every big play we made was him getting out of the pocket and working some magic. It was awesome to watch.

None of that was by design and it was just him making it work.

He was outstanding that year and we really missed out by not making the playoffs and giving him a shot in that form to do something.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah that was definitely catchable. It's a shame because most normal sized receivers catch that easily and in stride.
:lol

Apparently, Crock thinks Austin is only about 4' tall. No 'normal sized receiver' was catching that shit pass in stride, much less 'easily'.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Apparently, Crock thinks Austin is only about 4' tall. No 'normal sized receiver' was catching that shit pass in stride, much less 'easily'.
When I watched the live video it didn't look this bad. But that image looks like the ball has already clanked off his hands. And yes Austin is 5'8", if that's Gallup you have another 6 inches, making that a normal catch. (He is over 4 inches taller and has another 2 inches more in arm length...)

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
When I watched the live video it didn't look this bad. But that image looks like the ball has already clanked off his hands. And yes Austin is 5'8", if that's Gallup you have another 6 inches, making that a normal catch. (He is over 4 inches taller and has another 2 inches more in arm length...)
Hard to cut Dak any slack when he frequently misses open receivers with poor throws.

That is just one of many from last night.

p1_

DCC 4Life
In the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit?

Unless he develops into the second coming of Ray Lewis and leads a defense so good that we don't need a franchise QB, really, who cares?
It’s not his fault that the offense sucks. This dude could barely walk 2 years ago. Now he’s playing at a level many thought impossible.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And yes Austin is 5'8", if that's Gallup you have another 6 inches, making that a normal catch. (He is over 4 inches taller and has another 2 inches more in arm length...)
Yeah, you go ahead and keep telling yourself that. The rest of us that aren't invested in slurping Dak's crank know that it would have still been a high throw to Harold fucking Carmichael.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard to cut Dak any slack when he frequently misses open receivers with poor throws.

That is just one of many from last night.
Yeah I wasn't trying to cut him slack. When I watched the play last night it was so quick I couldn't tell if Austin even had a real shot at catching it. When I rewatched the clip it looked to me like he could have caught it. Not trying to cut Dak any slack but our receivers do some of this to themselves. I watch other receivers adjust and help their QB's out. The one catch where I actually saw a player bail our QB out last night was Swaim on that low throw. He actually made a really nice catch. But other than that these receivers are just frustrating.

But yes, Dak could have made a better throw there, no question about it. I'd still tell Dak to cut that pass loose 10 times out of 10. It was close and would have been a huge play. It was the right throw against that coverage. It's ok to miss some but you have to keep trying.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, you go ahead and keep telling yourself that. The rest of us that aren't invested in slurping Dak's crank know that it would have still been a high throw to Harold fucking Carmichael.
Keep imaging shit. Never said it was a good throw. Just pointing out the draw backs of a 5'8" WR. God some people are so sensitive. It's like if I'm not comparing Dak to Quincy Carter I can't fit in. Grow up.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Honestly what would make the most sense is to bring in a new coaching staff. Draft a QB in the first and keep Dak as the starter for one more year. Let the young guy learn and probably be in a situation with a Dak Prescott that you could trade for something. Of course the key is the new coaching staff. Preferably someone with experience actually running good offenses.
You continue to think that if Dak were under different coaches he would suddenly became better. I see no basis for this myself. He has had a checkered career with Dallas that if this current trend continues he will have on of the worst statistical careers in Dallas history as far as his passing stats go. It isn't all coaching because there are just too many examples over this and last season that reveals he doesn't have very good throwing accuracy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You continue to think that if Dak were under different coaches he would suddenly became better. I see no basis for this myself. He has had a checkered career with Dallas that if this current trend continues he will have on of the worst statistical careers in Dallas history as far as his passing stats go. It isn't all coaching because there are just too many examples over this and last season that reveals he doesn't have very good throwing accuracy.
Um what? I'm suggesting trading Dak for a pick after we've given a young talented QB time to learn? What are you talking about? And how do you figure worst statistical careers in Dallas history? That's not even close to true. Now you're just making stuff up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't think we can definitely say that yet. Which is why I'd be interested in seeing how he performs with more creative coaching staff and with an experienced QB coach to handle him.

I mentioned it way back in Jun/July that the Cowboys pretty much gave Dak the middle finger coming into this season and that I didn't expect to see any improvement from him.

Obviously he needs to do better himself but this organization has absolutely failed him. I don't think anyone can argue against that. If you include Terrance Williams, he's lost 3 of his top 4 go to receivers from previous years. The Cowboys answer to filling these massive holes has been an absolute joke. And to top things off, after saddling him with arguably the league's worst cast of receiving weapons, they force an unproven position coach into his lap.

Did anyone honestly expect to see growth from Dak under these circumstances? That's why I'm not quite ready to completely distance myself from him.

What the Cowboys are doing with Dak is pretty much like asking a general medical practitioner to perform open heart surgery. "Here, go read this 'Heart Surgery for Dummies' booklet then head to the OR to insert a valve into patient X's heart."

This is what we're doing in Dallas.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Keep imaging shit. Never said it was a good throw. Just pointing out the draw backs of a 5'8" WR. God some people are so sensitive. It's like if I'm not comparing Dak to Quincy Carter I can't fit in. Grow up.
You've told us a couple different times that it would be caught "easily, and in stride" by a normal sized WR. And that Gallup would make a "normal catch" with that same throw. You seriously believe that shit? And if there's anybody being sensitive here, it would be you. How about you "grow up" and stop being such a retarded fan boy. The throw was high. Yet you feel compelled to make excuses for Dak over it.

Find me one person who agrees with you and thinks that throw could be normally caught, or easily and in stride by a taller WR.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You've told us a couple different times that it would be caught "easily, and in stride" by a normal sized WR. And that Gallup would make a "normal catch" with that same throw. You seriously believe that shit? And if there's anybody being sensitive here, it would be you. How about you "grow up" and stop being such a retarded fan boy. The throw was high. Yet you feel compelled to make excuses for Dak over it.

Find me one person who agrees with you and thinks that throw could be normally caught, or easily and in stride by a taller WR.
:lol Says the guy referring to sucking guys dicks. You're such a child. If you don't see the difference between a 5'8" guy getting hit in the hands and a guy with a larger catch radius catching the ball I'm not sure what to tell you. Clearly you don't understand math?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Easily catchable, and in stride. A normal catch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Easily catchable, and in stride. A normal catch.

I posted the video, watch for yourself. That picture is deceiving because it's after the ball already hit the dudes hands. I know you get bored so you want to start childish name calling fights. Don't really care. There is no point in talking about this.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I posted the video, watch for yourself. That picture is deceiving because it's after the ball already hit the dudes hands. I know you get bored so you want to start childish name calling fights. Don't really care. There is no point in talking about this.
Like I said, find somebody that agrees with you. But you won't.

We all know this is true.

Top Bottom