Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

GShock

DCC 4Life
Interesting that these stuck in the 90's coaches made it work with Romo but for some reason can't make it work with Prescott.
They didn’t, but it’s irrelevant for this purpose.

Let us not forget that even when our shitty QB was able to overcome our shitty coaching and leaky offensive line, passes clanged off the frying pan hands of the worst WR and TE receiving corps in the league, leading to both ints.

We’re going to run the tread off Zeke into the teeth of 8 man fronts and present this dead dog of an offense to a new staff and say “fix it.”

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Uh... the passing offense? It never sucked like it does now when Romo was here.

Everything else was shit -- the defense, the OL, the running game schemes, but they knew how to get a quality QB to rack up passing yards.

They didn't just forget.

They are incapable of scheming Prescott to maximize what talent he does have, and that's an indictment of them, but he is never gonna be able to run an offense like Romo could.
Hell, I think the 1989 passing attack was more prolific, when Aikman was slinging it to the likes of Dixon and Shepherd. As miserable as we were, we still had a number of offensive shootouts.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That Austin INT was mostly on Prescott, not Austin. It was a horrible throw.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life

Everything else was shit -- the defense, the OL, the running game schemes, but they knew how to get a quality QB to rack up passing yards.

They didn't just forget.

They are incapable of scheming Prescott to maximize what talent he does have, and that's an indictment of them, but he is never gonna be able to run an offense like Romo could.
They had some variation of Terrell Owens, Jason Witten or Dez Bryant for the majority of that time. Dak's current go-to receiver is Deonte fucking Thompson.

Also, Romo got to spend four years under a real coach before being saddled with Garrett.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hate on the coaching staff all you want, but if you think another staff is gonna waltz in here and turn Dak into the Pro Bowl QB you've always thought he would be since his charmed rookie season, you've got another thing coming.

This guy cannot pass the ball.

It's not just his wide receivers. It's not just bad playcalling.

This is abysmal, and it's on Dak just as much as it's on anyone else.

He is actually the FIRST one that needs to go (if he can't turn this around); though obviously the coaches can go too at this point.
Well I think you know Im not that sure we would get a good coach but I would hope whomever comes in would get another QB. I guess worst case scenario would be we get another Jerry pet and they try to fix Dak. Fuck it . I guess I should expect this with these clowns.

Rev

Staff member
Pick one. Quincy or Dak?

:tippytoe

Rev

Staff member
Does anyone have a clip of that? Just curious how high it was thrown since Austin got his hands on it.
It was Dak throwing. It was either too high or at his shoes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

They didn't just forget.

They racked up pass yards because we threw the ball 40+ times a game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was Dak throwing. It was either too high or at his shoes.
I'm assuming it was too high. Just curious if Austin should have caught it or if it was basically his finger tips that hit it. It's not like it was airmailed. It hit him in some fashion.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

how reassuring :picard

p1_

DCC 4Life

how reassuring :picard
I heard this yesterday and laughed at how pathetic it is .

Hoffa

DCC 4Life

"We attack success. We don't fear failure. We want to go for the win in that situation."

Jason Garrett is sitting in the corner hyperventilating into a brown paper bag at the very thought.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"We attack success. We don't fear failure. We want to go for the win in that situation."

Jason Garrett is sitting in the corner hyperventilating into a brown paper bag at the very thought.
The chances of converting 4th and two verse ththe Texans getting in field goal range which they did with ease all day? Doesn't take a genius to figure that shit out. But that's why we will ever be stuck in mediocrity under Garrett.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
In a perfect world I would love to see Jerry clean house but keep Dak for another year, while also drafting a QB in next year's draft.

Dak has a ton of flaws and there's a reason why he went in the 4th round, but I would love to see how he looks with the appropriate coaching staff support system.

Let's see how he looks with a seasoned QB coach and an innovative offensive mind. I think there's a chance that he could surprise us. If he continues to fail under those circumstances hopefully the rookie that we drafted is ready to take over.

That's a win-win scenario, IMO. The only persons who would hate doing something like that are Ravi and Schmitty.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would only hate it if the QB drafted was another mid round flyer, or if we passed up on a free agent of note (not that I know of any that will be free agents next year necessarily).

If we are picking 10th or something, and there is a QB on the board, I want to take him, or I even want to trade up to get the right guy.

But if we do that, I am not up in arms simply because Dak is left on the roster.

If we trot him back out there like he's the presumed starter, without making a serious attempt to replace him, like "Oh, maybe this staff will fix him," then that is when I get mad.

Top Bottom