Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
"Dez and Witten were holding the offense back."

Right guys?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Lots of missed opportunities last night. Dak simply doesn’t see the field well and refuses to throw guys open. He missed several guys last night for 1st downs. Even at that, they were in it till the end. Garrett should be fired for punting from the fuckin 42 yard line with a 4th and 1 and a tired D.
IDIOT! Fuck you Jerry for keeping this moron employed.

GShock

DCC 4Life

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wow, I haven't seen AdamJT13 around in years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Exactly. Our receivers aren't great but a better QB would make this work.
im not so sure. How many tip interceptions can one team have in one game? I think they both stink.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
im not so sure. How many tip interceptions can one team have in one game? I think they both stink.
Yeah it wasn't all on Dak, the bargain basement receivers did the team few favors last night. Dak and the WRs both still stink though. On the positive side it looks like Swaim will pan out although he'll never be Witten, not that many TEs could be.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah it wasn't all on Dak, the bargain basement receivers did the team few favors last night. Dak and the WRs both still stink though. On the positive side it looks like Swaim will pan out although he'll never be Witten, not that many TEs could be.
I just have no idea what our play callers are thinking. I'm just so sick of thos offense. They have no fucking idea how to call a decent passing game. If the running game isn't working it's like they throw up their hands clueless.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is quite possibly the most negative thing he has ever said about the Cowboys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is quite possibly the most negative thing he has ever said about the Cowboys.
Would be one thing if you're at your own 30. But given where you're on the field and that Dak actually looked decent in the drive I have no fucking idea how you tuck tail and basically pray for a tie.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Because even the homers are tiring of Garrett.

I'm telling ya, Booze. This is the year we have a real shot to finally get rid of him.

Unlike past years, the Garrett hotseat thing is gaining momentum early in the season, not at the end of it.

We just need him to be his shitty self and coach poorly like he always has, and this team will lose double digit games.

There's a real chance this time, I think.

shane

DCC 4Life
We just gotta keep losing and losing until the embarrassment becomes too much. Linehan will go first, then we have to lose a few more and look even shittier. With how awful Dak looked last night, I think we can pull it off.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We just gotta keep losing and losing until the embarrassment becomes too much. Linehan will go first, then we have to lose a few more and look even shittier. With how awful Dak looked last night, I think we can pull it off.
Exactly.

Keep losing while he offense looks like shit. Linehan goes first and Garrett takes over the offense which continues to look just as bad, which leaves Jerry no choice but fire him once he proves how worthless he is.

5-11 with an offense ranked 25th or worse, and it's a done deal.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Because even the homers are tiring of Garrett.

I'm telling ya, Booze. This is the year we have a real shot to finally get rid of him.

Unlike past years, the Garrett hotseat thing is gaining momentum early in the season, not at the end of it.

We just need him to be his shitty self and coach poorly like he always has, and this team will lose double digit games.

There's a real chance this time, I think.
Last night's decision weighs heavily in the decision I feel. There's an all encompassing moment/microcosm of fail.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hate on the coaching staff all you want, but if you think another staff is gonna waltz in here and turn Dak into the Pro Bowl QB you've always thought he would be since his charmed rookie season, you've got another thing coming.

This guy cannot pass the ball.

It's not just his wide receivers. It's not just bad playcalling.

This is abysmal, and it's on Dak just as much as it's on anyone else.

He is actually the FIRST one that needs to go (if he can't turn this around); though obviously the coaches can go too at this point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll say this about not going for it on fourth and 1.

Disappointing because I think you have to be aggressive, but not quite as egregious as some are making it out to be. The Texans had been sniffing that out and hitting us in the backfield all night. I almost would have put in Rod Smith to throw them off the scent and done it that way.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hate on the coaching staff all you want, but if you think another staff is gonna waltz in here and turn Dak into the Pro Bowl QB you've always thought he would be since his charmed rookie season, you've got another thing coming.

This guy cannot pass the ball.

It's not just his wide receivers. It's not just bad playcalling.

This is abysmal, and it's on Dak just as much as it's on anyone else.

He is actually the FIRST one that needs to go (if he can't turn this around); though obviously the coaches can go too at this point.
Hey, I'm with you on that.

I want to see the coaches AND quarterback replaced.

But the most important of the two is definitely the coaches because they are awful and have been a hindrance to this team for a long time.

But ideally, we'd have fresh faces in both spots next season.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How we doin' guys?

Top Bottom