Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

shane

DCC 4Life
I'm glad we lost. Hope the team quits. This was painful to watch.

Any success just enables The Clapper. Lets go for 2-14.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Yeah I agree. I won't in 7 days but for right now, I agree.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
- Mike Stoops fired
- Braves won
- Browns won
- Cowboys lost keeping us in position to get rid of Garrett while also grabbing a QB in next year's draft

Perfect Sunday. I'm pumped!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Same for me.

I had Texans 27-16.
I think I had 24-16 or something like that.

But I knew we'd struggle to score and kick a bunch of FGs which is why I predicted 16 points.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I stuck with this crappy fucking team until the bitter end, I even endured over three hours of Collinsworth so I did my part.

Oh well, I can't say I'm surprised or anything like that. It is what it is and that's a steaming pile of dog crap.

A couple of memorable seconds but that's all I've got for right now.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
One of the best running backs in the league, good defense and the team is bad because of our WR and QB play.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Exactly man.

So what if we had won tonight? Would any of you have felt better about Garrett?

Better about Dak?

Better about our shitty pass-catching group?

Of course not.

So what exactly would we have accomplished by winning tonight?

I hate the Texans and I absolutely loathe their fans and yet even I was ok with losing tonight because I know that we need this happen for the greater good.

This right here is the ideal performance that we should all hope for.

Bad coaching, bad QB play, and losses to bad teams. Too many of those and you can't defend the coach or the QB.

So I hope we have a whole lot more of these so we can finally see Jerry do what we know he doesn't want to.

Fire Garrett.

data

Forbes #1
Emblematic of Prescott's career. Throws a short pass...poor mechanics and off-target

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Garrett is going nowhere. This season is lining up perfectly to be another 8-8 campaign, maybe 9-7 with some luck, which should be enough for pappy to justify keeping him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Garrett is going nowhere. This season is lining up perfectly to be another 8-8 campaign, maybe 9-7 with some luck, which should be enough for pappy to justify keeping him.
Not this time.

Before, he had Romo and last year he had a soft schedule plus Dez and Witten to help squeak some out late.

Unlike those past seasons, the Cowboys didn't buy themselves some wiggle room early on. The difference is that this team we have an offense with not much talent, a terrible QB, and more importantly, a losing record early into the season.

There will be no bullshit 3 or 4 game late season streak to save that bastard this time.

The Cowboys will not be better than 5-11, so all the ingredients will be there. It's just a matter of how hard Jerry is willing to hold on to Garrett.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
this game was solely lost on the fact we have no playmakers at WR/TE. Solely. Our defense played its heart out for 4 quarters and tired out at the end. We have a different skillset catching the ball 2 interceptions do not happen and people get open down the field.

I am all for Dak for another season and a cheap contract. It's not Dak's fault, its the fact we are throwing to Tavon Austin and Cole Beasley. Christ it's hard to watch

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
this game was solely lost on the fact we have no playmakers at WR/TE. Solely. Our defense played its heart out for 4 quarters and tired out at the end. We have a different skillset catching the ball 2 interceptions do not happen and people get open down the field.

I am all for Dak for another season and a cheap contract. It's not Dak's fault, its the fact we are throwing to Tavon Austin and Cole Beasley. Christ it's hard to watch
I couldn't disagree more.

You must not be watching the same games we are because I'm seeing a shell-shocked QB who is having trouble making even the simplest of throws.

The WRs suck, sure. But Dak is playing terribly right now and he is not an NFL starting QB.

GShock

DCC 4Life

What are we at for reveivers? Undrafted, undrafted, rookie, acquired for loose change?

GShock

DCC 4Life

We,will get Dak for another season.

But it will be make or break with a new staff.

And possibly a viable alternative.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I couldn't disagree more.

You must not be watching the same games we are because I'm seeing a shell-shocked QB who is having trouble making even the simplest of throws.

The WRs suck, sure. But Dak is playing terribly right now and he is not an NFL starting QB.

Dak has not been good this season, I agree. He has 4 interceptions and all 4 have been off receivers hands.

He has not made great throws and a lot of them go into the ground, but he hasn't even realistically had a chance to throw the ball downfield because NOBODY is open. Tavon Austin as our deep threat is a legit joke, the guy has rock hands

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Not this time.

Before, he had Romo and last year he had a soft schedule plus Dez and Witten to help squeak some out late.

Unlike those past seasons, the Cowboys didn't buy themselves some wiggle room early on. The difference is that this team we have an offense with not much talent, a terrible QB, and more importantly, a losing record early into the season.

There will be no bullshit 3 or 4 game late season streak to save that bastard this time.

The Cowboys will not be better than 5-11, so all the ingredients will be there. It's just a matter of how hard Jerry is willing to hold on to Garrett.

We absolutely will be better than 5-11. We play above our heads at home. I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Jax next week. 8-8 is on the horizon.

This organization isn't smart enough for a full house cleaning, so Garrett's fate will depend on how much of a hard-on Jerry really has for Dak. If we suck this year, and Jerry is fully sold on Dak, he may bring in a new coach to try and right the ship. Otherwise, I can see Jerry letting Garrett hang around to draft the next QB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member

this shouldn't even be a "possibly". If you don't have a viable backup you won't win - period. Our backup is barely a third string QB on most teams. It's infuriating.

Top Bottom