Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well we did win last week but I dont necessarily think it was impressive. I guess my streak continues.

I guess its just time to pull for fantasy points.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think the Texans finally found something last week.

I know it was the Colts, but they finally looked like the offense that they were last year before Watson went down.

Houston finding their passing game at a time when the Lions exposed holes in our secondary makes from some very bad timing for us.

I think the Texans make too many plays in the passing game and win.

Texans 27

Cowboys 16

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the Texans finally found something last week.

I know it was the Colts, but they finally looked like the offense that they were last year before Watson went down.

Houston finding their passing game at a time when the Lions exposed holes in our secondary makes from some very bad timing for us.

I think the Texans make too many plays in the passing game and win.

Texans 27

Cowboys 16
The Texans should have blown the Colts out last week but didn't. I don't think they are going to be relevant later in the year.

But this will be their Super Bowl, no question.

I am picking Houston mainly because of my lack of faith in Dallas' offense.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Texans 34
Dallas 6

Dak struggles to get to 150 yards passing. WRs don’t even combine for 75 yards.

Ugly game. Lots of Wade Phillips fat fist pumps.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Texans should have blown the Colts out last week but didn't. I don't think they are going to be relevant later in the year.

But this will be their Super Bowl, no question.

I am picking Houston mainly because of my lack of faith in Dallas' offense.
I don't know if it's because I don't keep up with NFL news throughout the week anymore (which means no more sports talk radio of any kind), but it doesn't seem as a big deal here as usual.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be loud and full of mouth-breathing fans who just want to win "this one", but I didn't have one single person at work say anything to me about the game and just the hype as a whole felt more toned down than in previous years.

As for me, I'm in a win-win. If we win, it'll be nice as a Cowboys fan living in Houston. If we lose, it's right back in to Garrett-watch mode as the Cowboys fall to 2-3.

This will be the easiest Cowboys vs Houston game I've ever experienced in my life.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I actually think we win tonight, giving us false hope, before we go on a 4 game skid with Jax, Skins, Titans, and Eagles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I actually think we win tonight, giving us false hope, before we go on a 4 game skid with Jax, Skins, Titans, and Eagles.
Yeah, this is pretty much gut check time. That is a tough four game stretch.

Lose today, I think the wheels start to come off. Which is fine. It kind of needs to happen.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Beat the Texans so that these dumb fans have to STFU for the rest of the year while followed by the type of skid that puts Garrett on the hot seat.

I hope you're right.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I didn't have one single person at work say anything to me about the game and just the hype as a whole felt more toned down than in previous years.
When you have one team at 1-3 and lucky to have that one win thanks to Frank Reich and the other is 2-2 and quite frankly pretty boring, I can see why there was little to no hype.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As much as the WR position is talked about, I think not really addressing TE was the bigger mistake. If we had any kind of athleticism there, I think there are openings for big plays from the TE spot, we just don't have one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Beat the Texans so that these dumb fans have to STFU for the rest of the year while followed by the type of skid that puts Garrett on the hot seat.

I hope you're right.
You are being selfish just because you loathe Texan fans.

Noted, fake fan.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hopefully Anthony Brown is not retarded anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As much as the WR position is talked about, I think not really addressing TE was the bigger mistake. If we had any kind of athleticism there, I think there are openings for big plays from the TE spot, we just don't have one.
I agree.

I honestly blame Witten more than the organization for not reaching for a TE because he quit.

His timing was horrific and really did not do the team any favors.

Just weeks before he quit, and yes, he is a quitter, he was talking about coming back.

And now every time I hear him call a shitty game, it makes me resent him a little more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
When you have one team at 1-3 and lucky to have that one win thanks to Frank Reich and the other is 2-2 and quite frankly pretty boring, I can see why there was little to no hype.
That's definitely part of it, but the Texans being shit never stopped them from getting all riled up for their Super Bowl before.

Like I said, maybe it's different around town and I just don't know it because I don't keep up with the local sports coverage anymore, but this is the first time in my adult life where people weren't talking about it in the office or making subtle little remarks about the Cowboys to me, so I think it definitely is a little toned down this time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agreed.

I think that's also a big reason why this passing game almost never goes to the middle of the field.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Honestly, I could easily be sold on Andy Dalton. This makes me sad.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You are being selfish just because you loathe Texan fans.

Noted, fake fan.
:lol

Hey, it's like you said about the wheels needing to come off -- we all feel like it's inevitable that it happens this season, right?

The offense was much better last week, but most if not all of us know that was more of a one-off than a sign of the unit getting their shit together.

And because we all expect the offense to struggle all season, that's going to lead to multiple losses. So since I'm resigned to the inevitable, I would gladly take this win vs the Texans in exchange for a 4 game skid afterwards.

It's time to force Jerry's hand.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know what to make of LVE yet. He is solid tackling and made plays there, but I also think him being relied on more in passing downs is contributing to the recent struggles in pass defense.

Top Bottom