Dez Bryant tweets he wants to rejoin Dallas Cowboys

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Free agent wide receiver Dez Bryant has been without a team after being unceremoniously released by the Dallas Cowboys a week before the 2018 NFL draft. Since, he turned down at least one long-term offer to join the Baltimore Ravens and has been connected to other teams to no avail. Now, as he seems to be truly ready to rejoin the NFL, Bryant launched a bombshell on Twitter, stating he would prefer to rejoin the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys have not been great in the wide receiver department through the team’s first four games. Cole Beasley is the team’s leading receiver with 16 catches for 185 yards. Tavon Austin leads the club with two receiving touchdowns but just 81 yards. The club continues to struggle in the red zone.

Bryant, of course, has not had the most friendly relationship with the club since his departure. It was made clear the team struggled with the idea of losing their franchise leader in touchdown receptions, but it seemed the majority ruled among the coaching staff and front office who would rather proceed without him. There was major controversy during the offseason when Sirius XM NFL radio misrepresented a Stephen Jones quote that made it appear he was blaming Bryant for the struggles of quarterback Dak Prescott during his second year.

Bryant’s Twitter response included vitriol towards multiple players he feels didn’t have his back including linebacker Sean Lee whom he called a snake.

Bryant’s primary target was the playcalling, which many have questioned over the course of the offseason and the 2018 season’s first three weeks.

Throughout the offseason, as many wondered why Bryant wasn’t signing with a team, including the Cleveland Browns after making an appearance on Hard Knocks, Bryant has hinted that he needed to make sure he was right before returning to football. It originally was thought to be related to his physical health. Bryant had previously complained that playing while injured had led to people believing he was a lesser player instead of one toughing it out through injuries.

Recently on Instagram though, Bryant seemed to reveal he was also taking care of himself mentally, citing anxiety, depression and panic attacks.

Would the Cowboys consider bringing Bryant back after the messy divorce? Some would say no, but after bringing Brice Butler back it’s hard to rule out. Butler went on the TV circuit to bash Dallas after becoming a free agent this offseason and now he’s back, although he hasn’t suited up in the two games since re-signing. Butler hasn’t been one-tenth of the receiver Bryant is, so maybe there’s a chance he actually could find a home back in Dallas.

__________________________________________________ ______________

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I think I'd take him back. 40% is bullshit and none of these receivers to doing much after the catch. Fuck it...desperate times...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Honestly at this point if Jones and co would write a contract that stipulated he’s gone with any outburst or other issues I’d cut Williams and bring him back. Maybe he’s motivated.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Same, we don’t have much anyways and perhaps the additional speed on the roster would help him out

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Sign him up.

People think his tweets burned a bridge with the organization? I’m sure he said much worse to Linehan and Garrett on a weekly basis.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We'd never do it, but he'd instantly be our best WR by a country mile.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Aint happenin.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd take him back, and be happy to do it. Dez would instantly be our best WR. Aside from Gallup, Beasley and maybe Austin, the rest of our WRs are shit.

Jerry is always saying they're all about 2nd chances. Well, let's do it. And I think bringing back Dez would look good for future FAs, too.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'd take him back, and be happy to do it. Dez would instantly be our best WR. Aside from Gallup, Beasley and maybe Austin, the rest of our WRs are shit.

Jerry is always saying they're all about 2nd chances. Well, let's do it. And I think bringing back Dez would look good for future FAs, too.
A motivated Dez would instantly make Gallup and Austin 2x better WR's, IMO.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We're about to find out how much influence/veto power Dak has.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think you guys are forgetting awfully quick all the passes clanking off his hands and mediocre DBs glued to this guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't believe how many people think this is possible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think you guys are forgetting awfully quick all the passes clanking off his hands and mediocre DBs glued to this guy.
Yeah if the organization felt like rhere was any salvage value in him they probably would have made him a cut in pay contract offer rather than cutting him loose outright.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kinda a big 180 from the attitude around here about Dez 3-4 months ago.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Hard pass. The last thing we need is for Dak to go back to forcing it to Dez

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard pass. The last thing we need is for Dak to go back to forcing it to Dez
I always loved Dez here but shit Dak finally looked like he was in a groove with the WRs. The last thing I want to do is disrupt that again.

Top Bottom