Dez Bryant tweets he wants to rejoin Dallas Cowboys

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did he? His leading receiver was Zeke.
Well when your RB is torching guys deep why not? But yeah I'd say he was. He threw really well to Beasley, Gallup and Hurns. When you distribute the ball around like that no one is going to have huge numbers. But he was efficient throwing to them.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'd pass on that. You don't remarry the person that you've already divorced. It would end up the same as before.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd pass too, those bridges have been burned. If you bring him back, you validate him and that might make him more of PITA. Let someone else on the roster become the "move the chains" guy. This team ain't winning a SB this year anyway.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well when your RB is torching guys deep why not? But yeah I'd say he was. He threw really well to Beasley, Gallup and Hurns. When you distribute the ball around like that no one is going to have huge numbers. But he was efficient throwing to them.
Hurns at the very end. IMO unless the WRs greatly improve, Dallas should look at Dez if he’s ready for a team friendly deal. Politics be damned, the season is on the line

We’ve brought in a boatload of new guys, and all have struggled to get as open as Dak needs or at all.

The mistake was in forcing things to Dez, but they threw the baby out with the bath water when they outright cut him.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'd pass on that. You don't remarry the person that you've already divorced. It would end up the same as before.
I'd never have been born if my parents didn't remarry. Of course, they got divorced a second time anyway...

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
With any other organization I would say bringing Dez back after all that's happened would be impossible. But with the Cowboys the strangest things are what you expect to happen. I can easily see Jerry forcing Dez on this panzy ass collection of coaches that don't want him. Common sense would tell you it's a horrible idea but at this point the shitshow at WR is bad enough why not roll the dice? If it all implodes maybe it adds impetus to clean house after the season.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'd never have been born if my parents didn't remarry. Of course, they got divorced a second time anyway...
This proves my point that only bad things happen when you marry the same person twice. :unsure

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
With any other organization I would say bringing Dez back after all that's happened would be impossible. But with the Cowboys the strangest things are what you expect to happen. I can easily see Jerry forcing Dez on this panzy ass collection of coaches that don't want him. Common sense would tell you it's a horrible idea but at this point the shitshow at WR is bad enough why not roll the dice? If it all implodes maybe it adds impetus to clean house after the season.
Jerry doing shit his way thinking he's gonna luck into a Super Bowl?

I expect Dez to sign within the week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The mistake was in forcing things to Dez, but they threw the baby out with the bath water when they outright cut him.
I mean I've definitely thought of it. Certainly he could help us in the redzone. It's the one place I still think he could be very effective.

He sucks at separation and still drops too many balls but I do miss the special catches. Catches like we all saw Lions receivers make that our guys never do. It would be nice to have some of that again. But I also hate all the incompletions due to forced balls to Dez Bryant. Like there is some quota of pass attempts that must be met.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry's probably saving this as a trump card in case the team loses a few games in a row.

No such thing as bad publicity, you know.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I wonder if Garrett would get a veto. I'm guessing that half the time Bryant was ranting and raving on the sideline he was ranting and raving about Garrett's primitive, predictable offensive scheme. After he was cut loose he wrote on Twitter about “everybody lined up in the same spot for 17 weeks.”

He has some weaknesses as WR but it least he added some competitiveness and fire. But he'd probably be too much a challenge for Garrett and Linehan.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
If he does sign back on, I’d think it’d say a lot about what Jerry and his stupid fat-face kid are thinking about Garrett.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom