Week 4 Game Day Chatter | Lions and Cowboys | 9-30-2018

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, at least we got to page 2 before kick. I'm not sure I have ever seen this board as a whole this apathetic.

Cotton

Staff member

[MENTION=15]pdom[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I think another important factor as to why I'm not as riled up about it this time around is because there's a (Not to be overly dramatic) sort of peace about it this time.

Before, I was hoping that the Cowboys losing would be enough. This time, I think it's inevitable. And I think because I genuinely expect it to happen that I'm not as rah-rah about it.

The offense is terrible and all of us here know that it's going to remain that way for the rest of the season. And if the offense remains in this state, there's no way the Cowboys can win more than 5 or 6 games. So being as I expect this season to go this way, I am very confident that Garrett will finally get the axe.

When that happens, then the towel-waving will come but only for a moment. We then have to see who the stooge family goes after next.

But step 2 can't happen without step 1 so I'm just counting down the days until I can pop the champagne on the latter.
We'll screw it up by winning today and perhaps next week @ winless Houston. Just like that, Jerry's way of doing things will be vindicated. :budd

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I am kind of interested in seeing how long this coaching staff (and ownership) continues to handcuff Dak in the running game.

Dak's a big athletic guy. They should be using his physical tools to supplement the lack of production that he provides in the passing game. He should have at least 5 designed runs every week.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well, at least we got to page 2 before kick. I'm not sure I have ever seen this board as a whole this apathetic.
I just changed channels from a Michael Irvin interview with Dak because I've grown tired of listening to the same old excuses from Dak and the organization. In the past I'd have at least heard him out.

Unfortunately there are about 85,000 fans crammed into AT&T Stadium right now who can't get enough of the Cowboys no matter how bad the product is they're happy to hand over hundreds of dollars to keep endorsing this crap.

Hopefully they'll at least boo the hell out of the team today once they start screwing up.

Cotton

Staff member
I just changed channels from a Michael Irvin interview with Dak because I've grown tired of listening to the same old excuses from Dak and the organization. In the past I'd have at least heard him out.

Unfortunately there are about 85,000 fans crammed into AT&T Stadium right now who can't get enough of the Cowboys no matter how bad the product is they're happy to hand over hundreds of dollars to keep endorsing this crap.

Hopefully they'll at least boo the hell out of the team today once they start screwing up.
There are a ton of fans that are pissed right now. I just wonder how CFR would look today versus 7-8 years ago or whenever it was.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We'll screw it up by winning today and perhaps next week @ winless Houston. Just like that, Jerry's way of doing things will be vindicated. :budd
I think the Houston game is key.

We have to lose that game. Jerry has said many times that the Houston loss is his most humiliating ever, and he loves to take shots at the "little team" down the I-45.

Losing to them would irritate the hell out of him, especially if it came after a Lions loss.

That Houston loss could be to Garrett what the Green Bay game was to Wade.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Ah, a built in excuse in case of another crap performance.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
We’re slamming him, but the truth is somewhere in between that and the crazy praise he got his rookie season.
Probably. I just think that rookie season was basically catching lightning in a bottle.

Top Bottom