Week 4 Game Day Chatter | Lions and Cowboys | 9-30-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really. As soon as we run 1 play and take a timeout of our own, now the Lions can stop the next two plays with timeouts. Now they get the ball back with time remaining, probably 25 seconds or so.

Our smart move was to run one play after the Zeke catch, run out the clock, and kick. The Lions took two timeouts, prolonging the game, but generating us an extra 5 yards without any tangible benefit to themselves.
When you have time outs you run a play. Leave 15 second on the clock and then run another play knowing you've got your own time outs to still stop the clock.

The only risk of that is a holding penalty. Which is possibly why the Lions were burning timeouts to force the extra plays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Super bone-headed.
I'm not sure he had great avenues to step up but you just have to throw the ball and give your receivers a chance. Even if its picked it's not much worse than that sack.

The fact is the clock in his head needs to be going off telling him to get rid of the ball. He did great with that most of the day but not on that play.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

comic relief
:lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Just wow.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Just wow.
I commented on that before I read down. Its a play that Witten would do as well. The guy is supposed to follow him but that only works if he is respected as a recieving threat.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He probably doesn't know what he's doing, but he does draw #24 away from the hole where Zeke is running. Maybe they thought he's such a bad blocker, let's try this instead? So it could be designed... probably not though.

Cotton

Staff member
I commented on that before I read down. Its a play that Witten would do as well. The guy is supposed to follow him but that only works if he is respected as a recieving threat.
I see that now.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

It's funny because it's true.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was so glad to see us finally speed things up. I hated when Romo ran the clock down to 0 and I hate when Dak does the same. Clearly that isn't our QBs choice. Romo looked worse when he ran the play clock way down and so does Dak.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It actually looks like a pretty good play design to me. Assuming the defender follows Rico like that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It actually looks like a pretty good play design to me. Assuming the defender follows Rico like that.
It was still a successful play. It allowed Zeke to get past the line and into the smaller guys. It would have worked better if maybe Swaim was in there instead of Jarwin. Jarwin barely put a block on the guy and the guy was able to get back into the play.

Now if Rico was respected then Zeke could probably go much farther.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It was still a successful play. It allowed Zeke to get past the line and into the smaller guys. It would have worked better if maybe Swaim was in there instead of Jarwin. Jarwin barely put a block on the guy and the guy was able to get back into the play. Now if Rico was respected then Zeke could probably go much farther.
Funny, Sturm is clueless. You'd think he wouldve seen it before if Witten had run it before.

p1_

DCC 4Life

It's funny because it's true.
'Hawks thread?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sturm is so overrated. Great radio voice but not so much as an evaluator.

Oh I may have said that before.

Cotton

Staff member
'Hawks thread?
Yeah, it was meant for the Lions thread. I will move it and close this thread so no more confusion happens.

p1_

DCC 4Life

[MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] and any other TT Raider fans (@Iam?)

Cotton

Staff member

[MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] and any other TT Raider fans (@Iam?)
:flip

Top Bottom