A Football Life: Tony Romo

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course there were no guarantees in 2016 even with Romo. I don't recall anyone saying Romo was going to be a savior or that he's Brady.

He's simply a much better QB than Dak and a better QB gives you a better CHANCE.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp.
Exactly. That is the essence of the discussion. Who was the better and more talented QB to play the playoff game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I know what a fact is. I just didn't realize you were propping up Romo's meager 2015 performances by comparing them to what the team looked like with Weeden and Cassel at QB.

If it helps you feel better, I'll concede that the team looked better in 2015 with busted up Romo at QB than with other two trash QBs starting.
It is a much better analysis if one simply takes the entire career of both quarterbacks and then say who gives the best chance of winning a veteran who owns virtually every passing record for the franchise or a Rookie? That just seems too obvious to me.

data

Forbes #1
Elway dismisses by his critics before 1997. Another good, but not clutch enough QB. He was able to change the narrative.

As it is, Romodemption never was given a chance.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Of course there were no guarantees in 2016 even with Romo. I don't recall anyone saying Romo was going to be a savior or that he's Brady.

He's simply a much better QB than Dak and a better QB gives you a better CHANCE.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp.
People just don’t get it. Romo should have been starting the last several games.

Garrett and the Joneses were dreaming about a future dynasty so they fucking told Romo he wouldn’t be allowed to compete for the starting job when he returned healthy. Hell they wouldn’t even play him in blowout relief just in case he showed Dak up and potentially “divided” the team.

Like anyone on that offense wouldn’t have run through a wall for Romo.

That’s when he held that press conference because he valued the team over himself.

Fucking classier and gutsier than Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones could be capable of by miles.

p1_

DCC 4Life
People just don’t get it. Romo should have been starting the last several games.

Garrett and the Joneses were dreaming about a future dynasty so they fucking told Romo he wouldn’t be allowed to compete for the starting job when he returned healthy. Hell they wouldn’t even play him in blowout relief just in case he showed Dak up and potentially “divided” the team.

Like anyone on that offense wouldn’t have run through a wall for Romo.

That’s when he held that press conference because he valued the team over himself.

Fucking classier and gutsier than Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones could be capable of by miles.
So, you think Garrett should have pulled Dak in the middle of the undefeated streak? And when Tony got broke down yet again, Garrett looks to Dak to pick right back up where he left off. What would it have accomplished? To my mind, it would have only delayed the obvious.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So, you think Garrett should have pulled Dak in the middle of the undefeated streak? And when Tony got broke down yet again, Garrett looks to Dak to pick right back up where he left off. What would it have accomplished? To my mind, it would have only delayed the obvious.
Seems now that it would have been a good move but I think everyone knows why Dak stayed as the starter. The only queston with me is that the playoffs takes on a life of their own and Dak wasn’t really prepared to deal with it. That in itself is what I have questioned about managements position of not giving more credence to evaluate the logical choice to start the most qualified player on the roster. Management could have made that concession and justified putting Romo in the game. They just shied away from the crowd sentiment of leaving Dak in place. It was not the best decision and even if the Cowboys lost the game with Romo it still would have been the most logical choice.

Top Bottom