A Football Life: Tony Romo

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Garrett couldn't have made that call, even if he had balls at one time or another, he hasn't had them for at least 8 years.
Garrett is gutless and was too happy Dak was doing everything he wanted to give up control back to Romo again. Jerry wanted Romo back but Garrett and Stephen convinced Jerry to stay with Dak.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And it was right at the time to ride with Dak.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It very clearly wasn't.
Ok, Ill bite. Why not?

Shitty record?

Shitty offense?

Or perhaps, a liability defense that absolutely could not put pressure on a gimp assed Rogers at the crucial moment in the waning seconds of our one playoff game hosting as the CONFERENCE number one seed ?

Ill go with the latter, thank you.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ok, Ill bite. Why not?

Shitty record?

Shitty offense?

Or perhaps, a liability defense that absolutely could not put pressure on a gimp assed Rogers at the crucial moment in the waning seconds of our one playoff game hosting as the CONFERENCE number one seed ?

Ill go with the latter, thank you.
If you can't see it by now, I can't help you.

Romo is a hundred billion light years better than Dak. You play the better player, period.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If you can't see it by now, I can't help you.

Romo is a hundred billion light years better than Dak. You play the better player, period.
I think you may have missed what I was saying. At the time, specifically the 2016 season, Dak was the right choice. Fast forward to today, not necessarily the best choice.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And it was right at the time to ride with Dak.
No this was the fan-boy and media perception, something our idiot coaches bent over and spread cheeks in the wake of.

Anyone who actually watched the players play knew the difference, but people were dreaming about the future.

They just forgot to take care of the present.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No this was the fan-boy and media perception, something our idiot coaches bent over and spread cheeks in the wake of.

Anyone who actually watched the players play knew the difference, but people were dreaming about the future.

Romo was an old injured QB on one drive against Philly. Get a grip.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
if somehow this team was a game back with 3 games left, Fredrick is back, and the line is playing real well, Dak blows out his knee.

Does Romo come out of retirement to play the rest of the season and start another year or so until they can get a replacement?

Just bored and wondering if you guys think we are going to be really shitty for 3-4 years before we get a decent QB again.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Are you on record with an opinion in this thread?

You gotta think they did the right thing in keeping Dak in there. How do you make the switch when the whole team seems ready to embrace Dak as the starter. Especially when the guy looks like a 10 year starter going forward.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are you on record with an opinion in this thread?

You gotta think they did the right thing in keeping Dak in there. How do you make the switch when the whole team seems ready to embrace Dak as the starter. Especially when the guy looks like a 10 year starter going forward.
Uh, I kind of already sorta said what you just said.

Romo was not prepared to take the job back going into the playoffs against Green Bay.

Nor do I think he would have been prepared to beat out Prescott in the event there was a miracle open competition in the 2017 camp.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That was the reality only because they refused to play him. At some point it's idiotic to keep the Maserati in the garage because you're afraid of getting it scratched.

No, they simply didn't want Romo messing with Dak's head because in a matter of six games they had decided they had found their QB of the future.

This had nothing to do with Romo's 2016 status, and everything to do with the Dak/Zeke dynasty they were dreaming about.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was the reality only because they refused to play him. At some point it's idiotic to keep the Maserati in the garage because you're afraid of getting it scratched.

No, they simply didn't want Romo messing with Dak's head because in a matter of six games they had decided they had found their QB of the future.

This had nothing to do with Romo's 2016 status, and everything to do with the Dak/Zeke dynasty they were dreaming about.
The Maserati had a blown carb and at least one flat tire.

The team at that time was on a roll that had maybe occurred once or twice in Romo's career.

p1_

DCC 4Life

The team at that time was on a roll that had maybe occurred once or twice in Romo's career.
an 11 game win streak is something you don't fuck with.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Uh, I kind of already sorta said what you just said.

Romo was not prepared to take the job back going into the playoffs against Green Bay.

Nor do I think he would have been prepared to beat out Prescott in the event there was a miracle open competition in the 2017 camp.
Yeah, I wasn’t being a dick, I was asking because I hadn’t read the whole thread.

I agree with you on the decision.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The Maserati was fixed.
Imagine that roll with a fully involved Dez and Terrance Williams; a passing game totally utilized instead of in just one single game vs Detroit.

No rookie, I don't care who they are, leads a team to a Superbowl. You need next-level passing and game-management. A guy who's going to go for it and not spike the ball because the coaches told him to.

Dak didn't even know how to look off safeties that year. He was riding perfect protection and finding the open guy (usually Beasley).

We should have beaten Green Bay by two touchdowns.

p1_

DCC 4Life
and yet our defense allowed Green Bay to move at will.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

IIRC, the present was an old, injured QB who could no longer make it through a full game.

And the last full game that he did mange to play (Miami 2015) he looked pretty average while throwing about 2 or 3 INTs.

Now those are FACTS. Not the flawed perception/fantasy that you keep crowing about.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
IIRC, the present was an old, injured QB who could no longer make it through a full game.

And the last full game that he did mange to play (Miami 2015) he looked pretty average while throwing about 2 or 3 INTs.

Now those are FACTS. Not the flawed perception/fantasy that you keep crowing about.
What you say is true but the question is much more simple than everyone is makin it. Just looking at the two Quarterbacks which of the two would likely have a better chance of winning a playoff game. Factors such as injuries etc. is what if flak and takes away from the question. The what ifs are not a factor unless they actually happen. It’s a given that the future was with Prescott but in saying that it doesn’t make him More prepared to compete better in the actual playoff game.

Top Bottom