Week 4 Thursday Night Chatter | Vikings at Rams | 09-27-18

GShock

DCC 4Life
This is, of course, moronic. But it should mean consequences when we fail to have that productivity.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The man lives his entire life in denial. He probably thinks his wife is a dead ringer for Kendall Jenner.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
LOL. Just read that Jerry admitted he didn't even watch the game last night. So as usual he was talking out his ass again.

GShock

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think people are underrating Goff. He needed a year coming from a spread system, and that happened to be spent under Fisher. McVay helps of course, but Goff would have looked very good and much improved regardless. No coach can make a player throw as easily and accurately as he's done for the last year or so.
Think how Foles looked under Fisher than. I mean he was epic bad. Almost retired after that. Now with the Eagles he looks like a totally different QB. But being coached by Andy Reid and his disciples can do that for a QB.

But yes Goff always had the arm. He just needed someone who could help speed the process up in his head, get him in a real throwing rhythm, and make sure there were open guys to throw to. That's really what McVay has done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's bad honestly. And I guess that shitty offense can work when the line is unstoppable and your back gets 5 yards every carry. But where you're really seeing it impact us this year is on third downs. We have a really shitty conversion rate on third downs. It's because we can't just count on this O-line to push for 5 yards and we can't count on our receivers to get open quickly and in rhythm. A lot of that has to do with the plays that are called. Instead we hope that Dak can scramble around and the receivers can win a scramble drill.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry HAS to be believe that we're as talented as the Rams because if we're not, that means HE failed as GM. Perish the thought.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry HAS to be believe that we're as talented as the Rams because if we're not, that means HE failed as GM. Perish the thought.
Even if we were every bit as talented as the Rams. Which we aren't. They have a head coach who is light years ahead of ours. We are doing addition and subtraction while they are doing advanced calculus.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I for one am truly shocked that our passing game design is stuck 30 years ago.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I for one am truly shocked that our passing game design is stuck 30 years ago.
It shouldn't be this hard to design a respectable offense. Shit even the players know it. It's the one thing I'm totally in agreement on with Dez Bryant. We run the most predictable shit offense possible. You'd think keeping it so basic would at least reduce the penalties and mistakes. But it doesn't.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It shouldn't be this hard to design a respectable offense. Shit even the players know it. It's the one thing I'm totally in agreement on with Dez Bryant. We run the most predictable shit offense possible. You'd think keeping it so basic would at least reduce the penalties and mistakes. But it doesn't.
Armchair analysts like Troy and yourself don't know anything.

You know nothing CRock.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Armchair analysts like Troy and yourself don't know anything.

You know nothing CRock.
Apparently no one knows anything other than Garrett and Jerry who are sitting at 1-2 with one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

GShock

DCC 4Life
It's bad honestly. And I guess that shitty offense can work when the line is unstoppable and your back gets 5 yards every carry. But where you're really seeing it impact us this year is on third downs. We have a really shitty conversion rate on third downs. It's because we can't just count on this O-line to push for 5 yards and we can't count on our receivers to get open quickly and in rhythm. A lot of that has to do with the plays that are called. Instead we hope that Dak can scramble around and the receivers can win a scramble drill.
Aka the Romo offense.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Maybe I'm giving the feeble old bastard too much credit, but when you read Jerry's full quote regarding the Rams/Cowboys comparison, he mentioned the word "personnel" a lot, as if to imply that our personnel is comparable to theirs (which would, of course, be wrong).

But I think the larger point is it was a subtle way of him putting Garrett on notice, as if to say.. "I believe we have the talent to look that good, so why don't we?"

Again, maybe giving him too much credit, but that's how it came off to me.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Not sure as to what extent. But I think someone like McVay could make a solid QB out of Dak. Not saying he could be a Brady or a Breeze. But he could more than get it done for us. Especially with Zeke carrying the ball.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I love it, someone calling Jerry on his idiotic bullshit comparison.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not sure as to what extent. But I think someone like McVay could make a solid QB out of Dak. Not saying he could be a Brady or a Breeze. But he could more than get it done for us. Especially with Zeke carrying the ball.
You can’t coach someone to throw like a top-tier NFL QB. McVay isn’t hiding Goff. He’s bringing out the talent that was clearly there when he was the topi pick in 2016.

Top Bottom