Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Dak aired it deep a few times against the Giants, enough to make them think about it. I think he CAN hit the deep ball, maybe it's a confidence issue IDK
    I do think his career numbers are a bit distorted. 2016 was almost lightning in a bottle. The O line was healthy and on point, Zeke was running like a monster and they had a great rapport with each other (not that they don't now), and our receiving corps was tight.
    Last year was a nightmare and Dak never stepped up. I know that was just his second season but he didn't take control.
    It's been a tale of two polar opposite seasons, with the third just starting. IMO this year will say a lot about what kind of QB he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
      At least Dak aired it deep a few times against the Giants, enough to make them think about it. I think he CAN hit the deep ball, maybe it's a confidence issue IDK
      I do think his career numbers are a bit distorted. 2016 was almost lightning in a bottle. The O line was healthy and on point, Zeke was running like a monster and they had a great rapport with each other (not that they don't now), and our receiving corps was tight.
      Last year was a nightmare and Dak never stepped up. I know that was just his second season but he didn't take control.
      It's been a tale of two polar opposite seasons, with the third just starting. IMO this year will say a lot about what kind of QB he really is.
      I would like to see Dak against an average defense before I'm ready to move on. The Giants are really tough and they know us really well. Dak hasn't ever had a good game against them. Remember we lost both games against them his stellar rookie year. Caroilna's front 7 dominated our offense. We'll have to see as the season goes on if he capable of 2016 play again or not.
      Last edited by lostxn; 09-22-2018, 02:00 PM.
      I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
      'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post
        I would like to see Dak against an average defense before I'm ready to move on. The Giants are really tough and they know us really well. Dad hasn't ever had a good game against them. Remember we lost both games against them his stellar rookie year. Caroilna's front 7 dominated our offense. We'll have to see as the season goes on if he capable of 2016 play again or not.
        Your Dad played?
        #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
          Your Dad played?
          Good for you.
          I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
          'nuff said

Comment

Man, I wish Dak could throw as well as Alex Smith.

Never thought Id say that. Ever.

Comment

Worst starting QB in football.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                Man, I wish Dak could throw as well as Alex Smith.

Never thought I’d say that. Ever.
                I used to think that was his ceiling.

Turns out I gave him too much credit.
                2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
                  I used to think that was his ceiling.

Turns out I gave him too much credit.
                  I still think he could be Alex Smith good, but it would take one helluva better coaching staff than our retards here
                  2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
                    Any NFL QB "can" hit a deep ball. The problem is, he doesn't hit it at the same rate as his peers who are better than him. That, and even his intermediate passing game, the passes that travel from 10-20 yards past the line of scrimmage in the air (and thus, not really "deep" throws or hail marys), those are nonexistant too.

Romo was never a great deep ball thrower, but he was excellent at hitting Bryant over the middle 20 yards downfield. Dak can't routinely find anything over 10 yards in the air. He's been awful at it.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                      Any NFL QB "can" hit a deep ball. The problem is, he doesn't hit it at the same rate as his peers who are better than him. That, and even his intermediate passing game, the passes that travel from 10-20 yards past the line of scrimmage in the air (and thus, not really "deep" throws or hail marys), those are nonexistant too.

Romo was never a great deep ball thrower, but he was excellent at hitting Bryant over the middle 20 yards downfield. Dak can't routinely find anything over 10 yards in the air. He's been awful at it.
                      Well going by Sturms numbers I posted above he's at least average in completions he just doest take the shots....why he won't is a better question

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                        Well going by Sturms numbers I posted above he's at least average in completions he just doest take the shots....why he won't is a better question
                        The Brett Kollman video sums it up nicely for me.

He misses things, he's not great at reading defenses, he has bad mechanics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                          I still think he could be Alex Smith good, but it would take one helluva better coaching staff than our retards here
                          It wouldn't surprise me if he went on to be a solid starter if you put him under the tutelage of an Andy Reid type, but even if we hired the next QB guru, I wouldn't want the Cowboys to just leave it at that because this guy just may not have it.

So if they wanted to give him another shot under a great offensive mind, then I'm ok with that.......but only if they still make real attempts to address the position just in case.

Do not put all of your eggs in the Dak basket no matter what.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if he went on to be a solid starter if you put him under the tutelage of an Andy Reid type, but even if we hired the next QB guru, I wouldn't want the Cowboys to just leave it at that because this guy just may not have it.

So if they wanted to give him another shot under a great offensive mind, then I'm ok with that.......but only if they still make real attempts to address the position just in case.

I agree, and we know thats whats going to piss everyone of us here off. Dak will get the benefit of doubt, Garrett will get the benefit of doubt, and at most we'll get a new oc that's still calling plays from Garrett's playbook so we're right back where we started and the cycle will start again without removing the real culprits

Comment

Yea, this is why I want to see him for a year under a new staff just to see what it looks like. The fact that I'm not especially enamored with the 2019 QB's, while really liking the 2020 QB's is another big part of that, but either way I really want to see what he looks like with a different play-caller in a different system.

It may not work, and theoretically speaking if we were picking in the top 5-10 and there was a QB that I loved I would take him, but I don't think that's going to be the case so we might as well get a look at him in another system on the last year of his rookie deal.

Comment

The problem that I have with giving Dak another year is that I am of the belief that he just doesn't have it.

It's not like he was a prolific passer at the collegiate level either. He wasn't throwing for 300 yards a game then, so there's no real evidence to suggest that this guy is going to become a legitimately good passer at the NFL level when he wasn't even that in college.

Even if they come from a small school like Romo, they have to show you that they could sling it. Prescott never ever displayed that at Miss St. because he has never been that type of QB.

I cannot recall a single "athlete" QB coming into the NFL and becoming a prolific passer, so wanting Dak to make that transition is asking a hell of a whole lot and it frankly isn't likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X