Byron Jones off to hot start in full-time CB role

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Wasn't one of the reasons that Zeke was drafted so high was his superb blocking?

He's been shit this year.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wasn't one of the reasons that Zeke was drafted so high was his superb blocking?

He's been shit this year.
He's still the #1 RB in the division, though...wouldn't you agree?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
:doh

crunch those numbers.
Interceptions: 0

How exactly does this translate into superstardom?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
shutdown corner?
You can do this in stretches, but sooner or later you give up big plays. To be great IMO you need to counter with passes defended and interceptions.

Byron covers well but doesn’t inspire fear. I like this guy in spite of things, but “superstardom” is over the top.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You must admit he has played extremely well thus far. I bet not many folks thought he would.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You must admit he has played extremely well thus far. I bet not many folks thought he would.
I think he's in the position he was meant to play and finally getting the coaching he needed years ago. Couple that with a coachable guy and first round measurables and I think we're seeing about what I'd expect.

He lacks the ball hawking skills and swivel of great corners which will always keep him a step out of the elite category IMO.

Terence Newman had a great coverage year in the mid-2000's demonstrating speed and perfect athleticism, in between bouts of getting ass-raped by the stronger WR/QB combos. Newman never had the instincts much less physically gifted players like Anthony Henry or even an aging Aaron Glenn had.

Top Bottom