Week 2 Game Day Chatter | Giants at Cowboys| 9-16-2018

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah there was a blitz where he correctly took the inside game. But then just whiffed on his block anyway. So much talent but so much inconsistency.

Conner Williams actually looked pretty good today though. I get he wasn't going against much in terms of pass rush ability but I thought he played well.
I never even heard Williams' name called, that's usually a good sign.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Assuming there's no more catastrophic injuries the offense will improve simply because Elliott is in his usual "running like he's in molasses" funk to start the year. He usually doesn't start looking his best until around game 4 so I think there will be some natural improvement there.

As far as the passing game and Dak, who knows?
Another lame 160 yard performance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assuming there's no more catastrophic injuries the offense will improve simply because Elliott is in his usual "running like he's in molasses" funk to start the year. He usually doesn't start looking his best until around game 4 so I think there will be some natural improvement there.

As far as the passing game and Dak, who knows?
I think Dak is still getting comfortable with these weapons. He seemed to trust his guys a lot more in this game. Just much more comfortable out there. And frankly he trusted his legs a lot more too. This offense underwent a lot of change in the offseason and played minimal in preseason. I think it's still a work in progress but there was stuff to build on in this game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another lame 160 yard performance.
And 45 yards rushing. It was an efficient performance. Took no sacks, no turnovers, and he had the clutch drive to put the game away. I would have liked to see us connect on some more deep throws but at least we are starting to try.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Dak is still getting comfortable with these weapons. He seemed to trust his guys a lot more in this game. Just much more comfortable out there. And frankly he trusted his legs a lot more too. This offense underwent a lot of change in the offseason and played minimal in preseason. I think it's still a work in progress but there was stuff to build on in this game.
They should improve but long-term I'm starting to question Prescott more. That Gathers miss in particular stands out, make that throw, it's 17-0 and with the way the defense was playing it's probably game over.

He really struggles once he starts to feel pressure.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Did Tavon have another touch besides the bomb?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Except for the Austin deep ball, the offense wasn't impressive. I will give our O line props for keeping Dak upright and helping keep a few long drives going. Zeke will be more explosive in a game or two.
Regardless of Eli and their O line, I was really impressed with our defense. All the way around.
Richard has made an immediate difference

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Except for the Austin deep ball, the offense wasn't impressive. I will give our O line props for keeping Dak upright and helping keep a few long drives going. Zeke will be more explosive in a game or two.
Regardless of Eli and their O line, I was really impressed with our defense. All the way around.
Richard has made an immediate difference
I've never seen this much blitzing out of Marinelli. I can only assume Richard has brought some of this creativity.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Flowers actually handled DLaw pretty well I thought.

GShock

DCC 4Life
They should improve but long-term I'm starting to question Prescott more. That Gathers miss in particular stands out, make that throw, it's 17-0 and with the way the defense was playing it's probably game over.

He really struggles once he starts to feel pressure.
Atlanta may have broken him for real.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I've never seen this much blitzing out of Marinelli. I can only assume Richard has brought some of this creativity.
Exactly! They hustle, move faster, hit harder, and have an aggressive attitude. To me this is a result of Richard's approach

p1_

DCC 4Life
Booze is right. We don't know how to get Zeke involved in the passing game. 5 catches, 9 yards. Pathetic.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And 45 yards rushing. It was an efficient performance. Took no sacks, no turnovers, and he had the clutch drive to put the game away. I would have liked to see us connect on some more deep throws but at least we are starting to try.
This sounds like what you guys were saying last year when he had a very similar pedestrian performance against the Redskins where he only completed 50% of his passes and threw for 102.

Like it was some great thing that he didn't turn the ball over.

Big deal.

Outside of the first quarter he and that offense were mediocre and they aren't going to win very many games with him playing like that.

160 yards passing in a 2018 NFL game and we're taking positives from that?

Come on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like what you guys were saying last year when he had a very similar pedestrian performance against the Redskins where he only completed 50% of his passes and threw for 102.

Like it was some great thing that he didn't turn the ball over.

Big deal.

Outside of the first quarter he and that offense were mediocre and they aren't going to win very many games with him playing like that.

160 yards passing in a 2018 NFL game and we're taking positives from that?

Come on.
I've said it before but total yards passing is such a meaningless statistic. If that's your basis then you probably think Eli had a way better game.

YPA, completion percentage, 3rd down conversion rate? Far more important. And yes the offense is still a work in progress. But it's not all negatives.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Prescott missing Gathers and throwing that horrendous pass to Beasley in the end zone that should've been picked when we were trying to close out the game really stick out. Combine that with the general malaise in the passing game and it's concerning.

We'll see what the rest of the year holds, I'm pretty sure he and the offense will get better, but I'm definitely starting to question more.

p1_

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Extensions for Garrett and Dak coming soon :budd

Top Bottom