Week 2 Game Day Chatter | Giants at Cowboys| 9-16-2018

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looks like it is going to take me starting the chatter thread for us to win.

And, [MENTION=15]pdom[/MENTION], don't be bringing up records for people starting chatter threads. I don't need facts clouding the thread.

p1_

DCC 4Life
so I think we win this game, but I dont know what it will mean for the offense being 'right'. It looks to be a work in progress, Dak a work in progress. The defense will be the strength for now. And that's fine, but unless the D can score, it will be a long year.

Cotton

Staff member
God, I hate Sunday night games. Win or not it makes the Monday suck even more than normal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We manage to look a little better than last week but lose on a late 4th quarter td.
Giants 24
Cowboys 20

Cotton

Staff member
Okay, that's it. I'ma rebalance this shit.

Cowboys - 21

Giants - 13

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Absolutely love the Sunday Night games and the only way it would be better is if we were worth being on there......

Cotton

Staff member

For those that might have him on their fantasy team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Eli vs Dak. Quien es more pathetic?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
David Moore

Giants safety Landon Collins articulated what opponents do, but rarely say out loud: Do your best to stop Ezekiel Elliott and make quarterback Dak Prescott prove he can beat you. Prescott's response? "Challenge accepted," he said. This one should be fun. The Cowboys will score twice as many points as they did last week. That's progress. But when you have that far to go, it won't be enough. If you think this past week was bad at The Star, what will the mood be at 0-2 with a road game in Seattle on the horizon?

NY Giants, 20-16

Brandon George

Both teams are trying to avoid the dreaded 0-2 start, so this divisional game should be tight throughout. The Cowboys said before Sunday's game at Carolina that they would play with a chip on their shoulder, but it didn't appear that way. The offense was flat in the first half and too many mistakes compromised anything new that coordinator Scott Linehan might have had planned. The Giants will do everything to stop Ezekiel Elliott in this one and force Dak Prescott to beat them with his arm. The Cowboys' offense just didn't show enough in the opener to give you any confidence Prescott can get that done this time around.

NY Giants, 23-17

Jon Machota

The Cowboys have never started a season 0-2 under Jason Garrett. It's tough to go against that seven-year trend. After experiencing some success with their up-tempo offense in the second half last Sunday, the Cowboys utilize it early against the Giants. It allows Dak Prescott to find a rhythm, which ends up leading to his first 200-yard passing game since Week 15. Brett Maher gets himself on track, knocking down both field goals and both extra-point attempts. Chidobe Awuzie will finish the season with five interceptions. His first comes Sunday night off Eli Manning.

Cowboys, 20- 17

Kate Hairopoulos

Giants safety Landon Collins' comments this week about stopping Ezekiel Elliott and Dallas' running game and putting the ball in quarterback Dak Prescott's hands didn't come off as shade to me. The assessment was self-evident. Any one-dimensional team in the NFL is going to struggle. Both the Cowboys and New York need to get their offenses cranking this week after putting up a combined 23 points in their season openers. Both need to avoid a dreaded 0-2 start. New York will be able to limit Elliott enough, because Prescott and Co. aren't scaring anyone right now.

NY Giants, 21-17

Tim Cowlishaw

The Cowboys lost 16-8 to a team with minimal firepower beyond Cam Newton's ability to run. This was especially true after tight end Greg Olsen was lost before halftime. Having surely corrected the mistakes (isn't that what Jason Garrett teams do?), the Cowboys face a team that also lost its opener but can strike much quicker than the Panthers. Odell Beckham Jr. made his name with his famous one-handed grab against Brandon Carr as a rookie. He caught 11 passes last week. Rookie Saquon Barkley debuted with his first 100-yard game. The Cowboys may prevent a second, but the Giants have too many weapons compared to Dallas.

NY Giants, 24-14

Kevin Sherrington

First question you have to ask after the Carolina disaster: It couldn't get any worse, right? Playing at home, playing against a Giants team they've beaten three times in a row. Question is not so much how Barkley or Beckham can hurt them; it's how much the offense rebounds. Expect they won't make as many mistakes that put them behind the chains as consistently. If they can establish a running game, the offense works well enough. Do that, and the defense handles the rest.

Cowboys, 21-17

Jori Epstein

Sean Lee won't lead the Cowboys in missed tackles back-to-back weeks. He'll slow Giants star rookie running back and fellow Nittany Lion Saquon Barkley thanks to strong run D support from Dallas' defensive line. Ezekiel Elliott and Dak Prescott's run-pass option will jell better than it did in Carolina. Prescott will back up his "challenge accepted" retort to Giants safety Landon Collins, who said he'd need to worry only about Zeke. And Elliott and Barkley will show their flashiness like they did in their October 2015 college matchup. After dropping five of their last seven home games in 2017, the Cowboys eke out a close one in Jerry World on Sunday Night Football.

Cowboys, 17-14

p1_

DCC 4Life
:flip

Cotton

Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I know Gordon would be another fucking dreaded pot head, but wouldn't you want to take the chance to get Dak a real weapon and cut a dub like Thompson?

Cotton

Staff member
:robowink

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm sticking with my 21-10 prediction.

I don't think either QB will look particularly good but at least Eli is willing to push the ball down the field to give his WRs a chance to make plays.

Snacks Harrison was always a handful for Frederick, so I don't see Looney and weak ass Williams being able to do much better. Which means Zeke is probably in for another long day.

Top Bottom