X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    And 45 yards rushing. It was an efficient performance. Took no sacks, no turnovers, and he had the clutch drive to put the game away. I would have liked to see us connect on some more deep throws but at least we are starting to try.
    This sounds like what you guys were saying last year when he had a very similar pedestrian performance against the Redskins where he only completed 50% of his passes and threw for 102.

Like it was some great thing that he didn't turn the ball over.

Big deal.

Outside of the first quarter he and that offense were mediocre and they aren't going to win very many games with him playing like that.

160 yards passing in a 2018 NFL game and we're taking positives from that?

Come on.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
      This sounds like what you guys were saying last year when he had a very similar pedestrian performance against the Redskins where he only completed 50% of his passes and threw for 102.

Big deal.

Outside of the first quarter he and that offense were mediocre and they aren't going to win very many games with him playing like that.

Come on.
      I've said it before but total yards passing is such a meaningless statistic. If that's your basis then you probably think Eli had a way better game.

YPA, completion percentage, 3rd down conversion rate? Far more important. And yes the offense is still a work in progress. But it's not all negatives.

Comment

• Prescott missing Gathers and throwing that horrendous pass to Beasley in the end zone that should've been picked when we were trying to close out the game really stick out. Combine that with the general malaise in the passing game and it's concerning.

We'll see what the rest of the year holds, I'm pretty sure he and the offense will get better, but I'm definitely starting to question more.

Comment

• defense wins championships

Comment

• Extensions for Garrett and Dak coming soon
            2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Nice to have a win but there is a lot to be desired from the offense. With this production it will not be enough for most opponents. I still feel the production will get better but to avoid being compromised in the early part of the schedule the passing game will have to improve rapidly. Like right now.
                  Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post

Big deal.

Come on.
                    Yep.

Comment

I've said it before but total yards passing is such a meaningless statistic. If that's your basis then you probably think Eli had a way better game.

YPA, completion percentage, 3rd down conversion rate? Far more important. And yes the offense is still a work in progress. But it's not all negatives.
                      You're acting like Dak was good in those categories.

I'm not sure what the third down conversion rate was so I won't address that.

The YPA was pretty bad - 6.4 YPA. Without the 64 yard throw it was 4. FOUR. That's atrocious.

His completion percentage was decent at 64%. But honestly I'd like to see it higher with such a low YPA.

Comment

No, total yards passing is not a meaningless stat.

Comment

• Total passing yards is certainly not a meaningless stat. It generally needs context but it's not meaningless.

YPA and completion percentage are better stats, especially in conjunction with each other. But total yards matters too.

Comment

• Passing yards is not a be-all, end-all stat because yes, garbage time numbers can inflate, or red zone inefficiency can undue the gains you’ve made in the air.

It’s not a great summation stat like QBR.

But it’s still important. And a QB who can’t get over 200 yards per game (240-50, really, in today’s league) has no long term future. It tells that he’s not effective enough moving the ball in the air.

It has tremendous meaning, because that’s what it means. It’s only meaningless for excuse making homers who are trying to gloss over really serious flaws.
                            Last edited by mschmidt64; 09-17-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Anyone else slightly relieved that Will Hernandez doesn’t look as much of a finished product as we all thought?

Comment

• I thought Connor Williams play d well.

Comment

Working...
                                X