Jerry Jones: Dak Prescott is somewhere between Jared Goff and Cam Newton, 'You're going to see it'

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It has been a long time since I watched a Garrett presser.

Does he still talk about "the process"?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo has no interest in being a positional coach. Long hours, no glamour, no thanks, all blame, and not much money. Wow, sign me right up instead of working 25 hours a week for millions.
Ahhh didn't know Schmidty is actually just Tony Romo...

:unsure

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It won't happen. Romo makes great money for half the work right now. Or I guess it could happen but probably not for years. I think Romo will be a coach somewhere some day. His competitive nature will push him there. But he will enjoy the booth for awhile first.
Aikman was just as competitive if not more so, once they get a taste of the easy life in the booth, seeing how good they are at it, I agree there's no way he gives it up for coaching. He can keep going for his Pro golfer card if the itching gets too bad.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Athletes who made a lot of money rarely go into coaching. It's always the backup QB, not the star QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aikman was just as competitive if not more so, once they get a taste of the easy life in the booth, seeing how good they are at it, I agree there's no way he gives it up for coaching. He can keep going for his Pro golfer card if the itching gets too bad.

People get bored of the booth. Granted usually they go from the booth to head coaching but you see that all the time. Look at Gruden or Bill Parcells. They get the itch and suddenly being an analyst on TV just doesn't do it anymore. Herm Edwards just made the jump back into coaching as well. But all of those guys had a taste of coaching before they got hired on as analysts. So it's possible he never makes the jump because he'd have to start from the bottom but I wouldn't count him out of it. But he'd make a killer coach. You can tell from his work as an analyst just how much he understands the game of football. And honestly I think he was a big part of why Dak was so good as a rookie. Dak had someone on the sidelines who was smart enough to help him.

People get bored of the booth. Granted usually they go from the booth to head coaching but you see that all the time. Look at Gruden or Bill Parcells. They get the itch and suddenly being an analyst on TV just doesn't do it anymore. Herm Edwards just made the jump back into coaching as well. But all of those guys had a taste of coaching before they got hired on as analysts. So it's possible he never makes the jump because he'd have to start from the bottom but I wouldn't count him out of it. But he'd make a killer coach. You can tell from his work as an analyst just how much he understands the game of football. And honestly I think he was a big part of why Dak was so good as a rookie. Dak had someone on the sidelines who was smart enough to help him.
Yeah I would so want Romo as a QB coach instead of Kellen Moore. He brings nothing. Not even experience.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I partly blame Jerry for Dak's shitty play, because a 3rd year player NEEDS preseason reps to be prepared, especially if youre modifying your stale assed offense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hiring Kellen Moore as QB coach when you have a 3rd year QB is negligent, within the realm of winning football games.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hiring Kellen Moore as QB coach when you have a 3rd year QB is negligent, within the realm of winning football games.
Didnt Jerry want to hire Garret as the Head Coach to start off with before being talked into Wade?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No kidding. We should have been looking for the most experienced and advanced QB coach we could find. Instead we settled for a guy who has never coached. Especially when the rest of your QB depth chart is so young. Maybe you could get by if you had someone like the Jets have with McCown but we don't have that as a backup QB either.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
No kidding. We should have been looking for the most experienced and advanced QB coach we could find. Instead we settled for a guy who has never coached. Especially when the rest of your QB depth chart is so young. Maybe you could get by if you had someone like the Jets have with McCown but we don't have that as a backup QB either.
This really is the football equivalent of malpractice. The contempt they have for competent coaching is astounding.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This really is the football equivalent of malpractice. The contempt they have for competent coaching is astounding.
Yeah this team has the talent but coaching has become a total disaster in my opinion. They value all the wrong things.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That’s correct. It isn’t Moore’s fault that he is the QB coach that has little to no experience. He is just a guy that landed a job. Blame the management.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This staff is dysfunctional, beginning with the senile old man and filtering all the way down to QB coach.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That’s correct. It isn’t Moore’s fault that he is the QB coach that has little to no experience. He is just a guy that landed a job. Blame the management.
I believe most on this board are blaming the management.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah this team has the talent but coaching has become a total disaster in my opinion. They value all the wrong things.
Not so sure about the talent. Zeke hasn’t been extraordinary in over a full year. Tyron is getting more and more penalties. Martin is a stud, but he’s one guy at a position group that needs teamwork. Lee looked like a player starting a decline. Average players at WR, TE, and QB.

At the moment this is the Demarcus Lawrence show.

Need to turn things around fast, but with these coaches? Not a lot of confidence.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I believe most on this board are blaming the management.
Exactly. Even though he is crap we all know where the blame is.

Top Bottom