Preseason Week 1 Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ 49ers | 08/09/18

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I should have expanded on my thought. He should make the team and get a decent amount of touches, especially late in games.
Dunno about that. I like the player but Elliott needs most of the touches.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I thought that as well. Frankly I'm not sure he's any worse than Hitchens.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The one pressure was a sack I think, though. Still, positive.
Not everybody can be Martin. I would call 1 pressure (even if it was a sack) a very successful night for a first game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He didn't seem to play that fast last year. Jesus christ this defense has got me kinda psyched...turbo Taco, blitzin Jaylon, and that secondary showed out last night. I only watched the 1st half, but damn it was refreshing to see that fire. You can definitely see some urgency to perform out there.
Taco looks impressive. Much faster than I recall. Id love for him to emerge as a force.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hope it's by design that Jaylon Smith is running himself out of the picture to the left, and not that he's getting fooled.
Looks to me like the TE was his responsibility and he was shadowing him as he pulled to block.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hate to keep beating this drum.... but what happens to this defense if you add Earl Thomas to it?

:skurred

Cotton

Staff member
Dunno about that. I like the player but Elliott needs most of the touches.
Of course Elliott should get the vast majority if the touches. That's why I said "a decent amount late in the game".

Cotton

Staff member
Hate to keep beating this drum.... but what happens to this defense if you add Earl Thomas to it?

It would be holee shit good at that point.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not everybody can be Martin. I would call 1 pressure (even if it was a sack) a very successful night for a first game.
I dont hold that against Williams.

Cotton

Staff member

Chaz Green.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

vince

Not So New Member
And it wasn't against a JAG. It was against Deforest Buckner.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

It gets older.

I keep going back and forth on it.

Of course it'd be great to have an All-Pro safety, but look at the cost. They're just starting to get a handle on the cap and are really building the team through the draft.

You need to spend on free agents to put you over the hump, though, no doubt about that.

With the cost it would take to trade for him in addition to his salary it just makes me wonder if they need to do it. Aren't there still a few decent free agent safeties who haven't signed yet?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Im excited about this guy as well.

Top Bottom