Preseason Week 1 Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ 49ers | 08/09/18

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do you think there's any chance he doesnt? I dont.
I should have expanded on my thought. He should make the team and get a decent amount of touches, especially late in games.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
How did Duke Thomas look? I know he had the int but I didnt watch the game. Last camp he was tearing it up until he got hurt but haven't heard much this year. Thanks. I will hang up and listen.
He seemed to be in on a lot of plays early on, but then I realized there were two Thomases on the field...Duke and Joe. I believe Joe got the INT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that stunt was really poorly handled by both him and the guard.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Taco is pretty fast.
He didn't seem to play that fast last year. Jesus christ this defense has got me kinda psyched...turbo Taco, blitzin Jaylon, and that secondary showed out last night. I only watched the 1st half, but damn it was refreshing to see that fire. You can definitely see some urgency to perform out there.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I should have expanded on my thought. He should make the team and get a decent amount of touches, especially late in games.
depends on how those games go as to his carries.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He seemed to be in on a lot of plays early on, but then I realized there were two Thomases on the field...Duke and Joe. I believe Joe got the INT.
They both did. He's a hometown kid that I've watched play all 4 years of HS. Was a WR for RG3 then took over at QB when RG3 graduated. Always fun to watch Thomas play so hope he gets a legit chance to make the team.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Scary good is right.
That damn bowling celebration just makes me cringe, but i'm prepared to love it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That damn bowling celebration just makes me cringe, but i'm prepared to love it.
I like that celebration. It's not gimmicky or over rehearsed. It just looks natural for a guy like that with super long arms.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I like that celebration. It's not gimmicky or over rehearsed. It just looks natural for a guy like that with super long arms.
Im thinking we will see alot of that celebration this season.

Cotton

Staff member
Anyone love Gallup yet?
A little early yet, but I loved the pick when we made it. He has a crap ton of potential.

Cotton

Staff member
He didn't seem to play that fast last year. Jesus christ this defense has got me kinda psyched...turbo Taco, blitzin Jaylon, and that secondary showed out last night. I only watched the 1st half, but damn it was refreshing to see that fire. You can definitely see some urgency to perform out there.
They are going to be a lot of fun to watch, for sure.

Cotton

Staff member

vince

Not So New Member
Being on the east coast, I didn't watch after half time. Did Vander Esch so anything worth mentioning? Last I saw was he almost came away with a pick that was caught out of bounds.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The one pressure was a sack I think, though. Still, positive.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hope it's by design that Jaylon Smith is running himself out of the picture to the left, and not that he's getting fooled.

Top Bottom