Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC.com - How Does TE Sort Out Post-Witten?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
    Only if Schultz is better than advertised. If not, it is as weak as it used to be in the LaFleur/Bjornson era.
    you think he has to be better? as though his resume is soft/light ? He comes from a respected TE factory program at Stanford.
    defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
      you think he has to be better? as though his resume is soft/light ? He comes from a respected TE factory program at Stanford.
      It's Booze. But Schultz needs to show more as a receiver. He didn't do much at Stanford in that area. He was a strong blocker though. I don't think we will have any problem with blocking TEs. My concern is having a TE who is a threat in the passing game but Witten wasn't much of that anymore anyway.

Comment

Witten dropped 2 YPC beginning in 2015.

Funny.

I'm sure all of our pass catchers just happened to go to shit at the same time. I'm sure it wasn't the common denominator that began in 2015.

I'm sure it's all about TE ability and any old pass catchers can replace Witten.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
          Witten dropped 2 YPC beginning in 2015.

Funny.

I'm sure all of our pass catchers just happened to go to shit at the same time. I'm sure it wasn't the common denominator that began in 2015.

I'm sure it's all about TE ability and any old pass catchers can replace Witten.
          I'll take win over yards anyday.

Comment

Of course a lot of this is on Dak as well. He needs to be better and build a rapport with this new group of WRs and TEs. If he's as good as many make him out to be he has to find a way to elevate the play of his teammates. Other top QBs do it all the time. Even here in Dallas Romo had the ability to transform WRs who were typically categorized as JAGS into a quality threats in the passing game. Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, etc.

The coaching staff needs to be better as well. When practically all of your game day WRs gripe about the system being too predictable, you might want reevaluate your scheme. There were far too many instances where DBs were practically running the routes of the Cowboys receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
              Of course a lot of this is on Dak as well. He needs to be better and build a rapport with this new group of WRs and TEs. If he's as good as many make him out to be he has to find a way to elevate the play of his teammates. Other top QBs do it all the time. Even here in Dallas Romo had the ability to transform WRs who were typically categorized as JAGS into a quality threats in the passing game. Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, etc.

The coaching staff needs to be better as well. When practically all of your game day WRs gripe about the system being too predictable, you might want reevaluate your scheme. There were far too many instances where DBs were practically running the routes of the Cowboys receivers.
              Exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

Right on point. The WR position isn’t as critical as some let on. If Dak up to his game potential the receivers will be fine. It’s more about the QB than receivers.
                Since Day One

Comment

Call me an asshole, but Witten's faith does not mean a lot to me.

Comment

Call me an asshole, but Witten's faith does not mean a lot to me.
                    Hes too nice and completely untrustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                      He’s too nice and completely untrustworthy.
                      He was also hyper-competitive. I don't buy he took an active role in making sure that Fasano, Bennett (especially) and Escobar developed to succeed along with him. He was a bit of a ball hog, just like any other diva receiver. He had Romo's eye for years.

Granted, it was not his job to mentor anyone. But for people to assume he is just this saint is just not true. He was as cut throat as anyone. And that was not really a bad thing overall. He was a player that had a standard and that is needed.

But in recent years, it was pretty clear the role he and also Romo had. They were in the family portrait. There is no denying that.

Comment

He was also hyper-competitive. I don't buy he took an active role in making sure that Fasano, Bennett (especially) and Escobar developed to succeed along with him. He was a bit of a ball hog, just like any other diva receiver. He had Romo's eye for years.

Granted, it was not his job to mentor anyone. But for people to assume he is just this saint is just not true.
                        You're right on this, and by "nice" I meant his media persona and general public demeanor, especially when discussing anyone on his own team.

And you freaking want your players to be aggressively cut throat and competitive, BTW. Makes for a tougher team frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                          You're right on this, and by "nice" I meant his media persona and general public demeanor, especially when discussing anyone on his own team.

And you freaking want your players to be aggressively cut throat and competitive, BTW. Makes for a tougher team frankly.
                          I can’t recall Witten ever having a tantrum on the sideline or getting upset about anyone but himself. I can’t tell you when I have ever seen a better team player than him. The few times he has been upset it was usually about something he did that he wasn’t happy about. Players of his caliber are few and far between,
                          Since Day One

Comment

If you're bitching about Jason Witten, you are just looking for things to bitch about. I wish we had more players just like him on the team. If we did, we'd be competing for super bowls.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                              If you're bitching about Jason Witten, you are just looking for things to bitch about. I wish we had more players just like him on the team. If we did, we'd be competing for super bowls.
                              Yep.
                              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                                Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X