Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by p1_ View Post
    I might have misspoken, but I think Tex and Jerry might have both been there, with Jerry delivering the news.
    Yes thatís the way it seemed to have occurred and I donít have a exact time it all unraveled but it was a while. Landry apparently had no intention in talking to anybody after the news broke. Anyhow it is history now.
    Since Day One

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
      You initially said Landry was fired about 5 minutes after Jones bought the team and it didn’t happen that way
      Just for the record, I was speaking metaphorically there.
      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

      The Garrett Song

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
        Just for the record, I was speaking metaphorically there.
        Okay.
        Since Day One

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
          You initially said Landry was fired about 5 minutes after Jones bought the team and it didn’t happen that way. The meeting was after they tracked him down and I don’t know how long that took but it wasn’t the same day as memory serves me. It wasn’t at a planned meeting because Landry took off upon hearing the news they had to find him to talk to him. That’s why I said it really didn’t happen the way a lot of people thinks it happened.
          All I know is it was an unceremonious departure for the man that was an innovator that made Dallas a power house in the NFL. Did his schemes become outdated? Sure. There's no denying the man deserved better though, at least IMO.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
            All I know is it was an unceremonious departure for the man that was an innovator that made Dallas a power house in the NFL. Did his schemes become outdated? Sure. There's no denying the man deserved better though, at least IMO.
            I believe had Landry stayed around a lot of PR could have been done to mitigate some of the hard feelings. It was a matter of a buyer of a business had his staff put together and Landry wasn’t chosen. It was a business matter but some sports fans can’t see it as such.
            Since Day One

            Comment


            • #36
              The way it should have gone down is that Bright should have handled the Tom issue. Jerry gave him an easy out, but you saw that Tom's firing was a condition precedent to the sale of the team. Bright was too chicken shit to do the dirty work. Let the new owner do that.
              defense wins championships

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                The way it should have gone down is that Bright should have handled the Tom issue. Jerry gave him an easy out, but you saw that Tom's firing was a condition precedent to the sale of the team. Bright was too chicken shit to do the dirty work. Let the new owner do that.
                Yep. You see how much Flak Jones has taken. Bright didn’t want to be the whipping boy. To Brights favor however, Jones told him he would take care of it and had done some ground work to putting a transition experts to do some PR but Landry took flight and all that went away.
                Since Day One

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                  I believe had Landry stayed around a lot of PR could have been done to mitigate some of the hard feelings. It was a matter of a buyer of a business had his staff put together and Landry wasn’t chosen. It was a business matter but some sports fans can’t see it as such.
                  Yeah, JJ has and always will be a business man first.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X