David Irving suspended 4 games

p1_

DCC 4Life
Its clear we need to sign someone to cover this huge loss, and we have the means/money to do so.
So what will the excuse be as to why we don't, won't and haven't yet? It boggles the mind how the Cowboys hold the oline in such high regard and the dline (read NT) is unimportant. Whats with the disconnect and convoluted logic ?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So was this for a missed test or did he fail a test?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So was this for a missed test or did he fail a test?
My understanding is that he missed a test because he was in court fighting for custody of his daughter.

Cotton

Staff member
If that's actually true than the NFL really is a bunch of dirt bags.

"My understanding is that it is about missed drug tests and overall inattention to the NFL’s substances of abuse policy, it is very strict, it’s very stringent, and it is my understanding that Irving simply did not follow along as the NFL and the NFLPA needed him to." — Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ContentGallery/David-Irving-suspension-draws-reactions-from-Dallas-Cowboys-suspension-119083584//#119083584_1

Take it for what you will, but it doesn't appear he failed a test to me.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't understand how the testing works, but I'd like to hear more about how this went down.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't understand how the testing works, but I'd like to hear more about how this went down.
He was preoccupied with a nut bag girlfriend and fighting for custody of his kid so he didn't have time for the cunt owner's bullshit tests.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It sheds a different light that he missed a test where there are extenuating circumstances. This league has gone straight to hell. Fuck Goddell, cocksucker.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I guess I'm the only one wondering what a proven knucklehead like Irving has ever done to earn the benefit of the doubt.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess I'm the only one wondering what a proven knucklehead like Irving has ever done to earn the benefit of the doubt.
Brief flashes + poor overall state of the DT position = benefit of the doubt

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Its clear we need to sign someone to cover this huge loss, and we have the means/money to do so.
So what will the excuse be as to why we don't, won't and haven't yet? It boggles the mind how the Cowboys hold the oline in such high regard and the dline (read NT) is unimportant. Whats with the disconnect and convoluted logic ?
Irving is not the NT, he is the 3-T, which is a vital part of Marinell's scheme. That makes it even more inexcusable that they did zero in free agency, the draft or even pursue a high quality free agent. They just continue to believe that Marinelli can just "coach up" trash and we have seen what that has gotten us over the years. How or why he continues to get the guru label is beyond me.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That program has been consistent since Tagliabue.

Sheesh, if anyone knows about this it’s the Cowboys. Same story with Leon Lett twenty+ years earlier.

Missed tests, mishandled test— whatever, all count as failed tests

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Brief flashes + poor overall state of the DT position = benefit of the doubt
He only makes $2 mil per season.
Oh, I know Jerry won't let go of anyone with a shred of talent until he absolutely has to. I meant more some on this board about his latest failed test. Sorry, but I doubt he was a victim of the evil NFL out to get him. More likely that's an excuse in the vein of "My failed PED test was from my tainted GNC supplement."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Oh, I know Jerry won't let go of anyone with a shred of talent until he absolutely has to. I meant more some on this board about his latest failed test. Sorry, but I doubt he was a victim of the evil NFL out to get him. More likely that's an excuse in the vein of "My failed PED test was from my tainted GNC supplement."

Nobody said the guy was innocent, but I wonder if there's a scheduled date that he's supposed to take the test.

Did he know he was missing an upcoming test and just said, "Fuck it, it's more important for me to be around my daughter!"? That's pretty stupid, and he should have made arrangements to be there to piss in the cup.

Or does he get alerted suddenly that it's time to piss?

I don't know the process, but if he was ordered to come take the test while he's in court that's pretty fucked up. I certainly don't doubt that he is capable of neglecting to handle business though.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Nobody said the guy was innocent, but I wonder if there's a scheduled date that he's supposed to take the test.

Did he know he was missing an upcoming test and just said, "Fuck it, it's more important for me to be around my daughter!"? That's pretty stupid, and he should have made arrangements to be there to piss in the cup.

Or does he get alerted suddenly that it's time to piss?

I don't know the process, but if he was ordered to come take the test while he's in court that's pretty fucked up. I certainly don't doubt that he is capable of neglecting to handle business though.
Evidently it wasn't a failed drug test but he didn't show up for a scheduled one, something like that. I guess missing a scheduled one is less egregious than failing another one. If he had failed another one he probably would have received a stiffer penalty.

Cotton

Staff member
Did anyone ever hear if he is appealing? I haven't seen anything yet.

Top Bottom