Terrance Williams Arrested

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Although if we cut him and re-sign Dez, we might be on to something.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Short of some kind of receiving renaissance, I don't see us keeping Williams past this coming season.

midswat

... soon
Terrance released a statement and its dumb.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Terrance Williams arrested on intoxication charge

By Austin Knoblauch
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrance Williams was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor public intoxication Saturday after a car registered to him was found crashed into a light pole, police confirmed to NFL.com.

Williams was arrested by police in Frisco, Texas, near his residence a short time after the crash. He was released from the Frisco Detention Center after posting $369 bond.

The incident remains under investigation, police said. There's a chance Williams could face additional charges if police determine he was driving the car at the time of the crash.

Frisco Police Dept. officers responding to a report of a minor crash at 4:45 a.m. CT found a 2017 blue Lamborghini had crashed into a light pole after leaving the roadway. Officers determined the vehicle was registered to Williams but no driver was at the scene.

Police said they later found Williams near his residence riding an electric bicycle in the roadway and arrested him on suspicion of being intoxicated in public.

Chip Lewis, Williams' attorney, issued the following statement, which was obtained by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport:

"We appreciate the professionalism of all law enforcement involved in handling this situation. Contrary to media reports, Terrance did not hit a light pole and there was no light pole even near the vehicle. Secondly, his arrest was wholly unrelated to the traffic accident. We are confident that once all the facts are brought to light in court Terrance will be vindicated."

Below is Williams' account of the incident:

"I am grateful that no one was injured in the accident. The driver in front of me slammed on his brakes and I turned to the left and hopped the curb to avoid hitting him. I got his insurance information and my neighbor picked me up when my car wouldn't drive. I live right near where the accident occurred, so my neighbor dropped me off and I called a tow truck and took the scooter from my house to go meet the tow truck driver. The police officer, who I have met in the past in the neighborhood, saw me on the scooter and arrested me without performing any sobriety tests. I have always been an upstanding citizen and handled the situation the best way I know how. I apologize if I should have handled it a little bit differently."

Williams is entering the second year of a four-year, $17 million contract he signed last offseason.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
At the very least he's guilty of leaving the scene of an accident unless the law is different in Texas. I don't know, it just sounds like BS to me.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think that Art Briles coached him up on this one.

midswat

... soon
In his defense though he probably had to leave so he could drop the weed off at home.

His story is dumb. Why would he exchange insurance info with a guy he didn’t even hit?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
At the very least he's guilty of leaving the scene of an accident unless the law is different in Texas. I don't know, it just sounds like BS to me.
There may be a difference if it was in fact a single auto incident. I know Williams said there was another vehicle he was trying to avoid but as it stands now only one vehicle was involved so I am not sure there is a duty to stay at the scene. I really don’t know the law though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In his defense though he probably had to leave so he could drop the weed off at home.

His story is dumb. Why would he exchange insurance info with a guy he didn’t even hit?
It does sound dumb but if someone caused an accident by their careless actions I think they can be made a responsible party. I am not up on tort law in Texas but there are common threads to it as a universal matter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not necessarily. If the accident involved another person and he exchanged information he is good. It also would require that someone else's property was damage or a person was injured. If all he did was jump a curb there is a good possibility the only thing damaged was his car.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wonder if he caught the steering wheel with his chest.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Sounds like the cops have no evidence and Williams’ reason for being on a scooter makes sense.

If someone slammed his brakes and I hopped a curb as a result, I might want to get his ins. info... but I’d also want to call the cops.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like the cops have no evidence and Williams’ reason for being on a scooter makes sense.

If someone slammed his brakes and I hopped a curb as a result, I might want to get his ins. info... but I’d also want to call the cops.
Yeah the criminal case sounds like shit frankly. My guess is a good lawyer will prevent anything from sticking. It's mostly a question of Goodell's lynch mob. But William's story should be easy to check out as true or not.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Not necessarily. If the accident involved another person and he exchanged information he is good. It also would require that someone else's property was damage or a person was injured. If all he did was jump a curb there is a good possibility the only thing damaged was his car.
I didn't think of that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom