Dallas Cowboys: Can Jason Garrett get himself off the hot seat?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
They love it when they are "this close".

This organization is basically a Jones family heirloom at this stage.

When Jerry Jr.'s stupid fucking middle school kid was waltzing around the draft room like he owned it, how can you take any of them seriously?
It's been the preferred method to perpetuate mediocrity for over twenty years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Lol that Jerry seriously cares that much about winning. His comfort and his money are far more important.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Lol that Jerry seriously cares that much about winning. His comfort and his money are far more important.
My comfort and money are worth more than the Cowboys winning too... :unsure

That being said, Jones absolutely pours money into the team. I just thinks it's very disingenuous to claim he doesn't care about winning. When's the last game he missed?

I don't know how you can confuse incompetence with lack of desire or effort.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Jerry hate is strong in this thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jerry cares about looking good doing it, and he wants the team to be good enough to stay marketable.

If he genuinely gave a shit about winning Super Bowls, he would have no problem walking on eggshells.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Its all about fooling the season ticket holders. Looks like its working. :tippytoe

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They love it when they are "this close".

This organization is basically a Jones family heirloom at this stage.

When Jerry Jr.'s stupid fucking middle school kid was waltzing around the draft room like he owned it, how can you take any of them seriously?
Or JJJr or Charlotte. The draft is serious, not a show, or dinner time.

Family heirloom is such an on-the-money description.

The way things are set up, it would take overwhelming talent and good luck for this team to land a championship.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My comfort and money are worth more than the Cowboys winning too... :unsure

That being said, Jones absolutely pours money into the team. I just thinks it's very disingenuous to claim he doesn't care about winning. When's the last game he missed?

I don't know how you can confuse incompetence with lack of desire or effort.
He'd rather win than lose, sure. It's not like he cares zero percent.

But winning is obviously far down his priority list or he'd hire the best coach he could find, not a family friend puppet.

And I'm with 1bigfan. I don't think Garrett is even on the hot seat with Jerry. Any bare minimum will keep him close and comfortable. The coordinators are the ones who will probably pay if things go south.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The coordinators are the ones who will probably pay if things go south.
This just happened. Are you suggesting a repeat if we fail to make the playoffs in '18? I don't see that being likely. The whole body goes in that case, starting with the coaching 'head'.

Rev

Staff member
This just happened. Are you suggesting a repeat if we fail to make the playoffs in '18? I don't see that being likely. The whole body goes in that case, starting with the coaching 'head'.
That was just assistants. Marinelli will just retire and it blamed on him.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Yeah, that's how I see it. They're not going to rearrange deck chairs on the titanic again. There will have to be significant improvement or he's out of here. Jerry's old, I doubt he's going to wait forever for Jason to finally get it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I hope you guys are right, but I seriously doubt it. Now a 5-11 type year, sure, the fan outrage might be more than Jerry could ignore. If Jerry sensed fans were losing interest to the point it affected his bottom line, he might make a change.

But merely a disappointing year? Naw. Garrett is too much a part of the family and Jerry doesn't want to start over. Neither does Stephen. They'll find some excuses like they always have.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I hope you guys are right, but I seriously doubt it. Now a 5-11 type year, sure, the fan outrage might be more than Jerry could ignore. If Jerry sensed fans were losing interest to the point it affected his bottom line, he might make a change.

But merely a disappointing year? Naw. Garrett is too much a part of the family and Jerry doesn't want to start over. Neither does Stephen. They'll find some excuses like they always have.
Sad thing is they’d never even consider a GM change, even if it was the obvious course. Not unless they wanted to get another stadium built.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Im telling you, Jones sees that both Witt and Romo played their entire careers here and got dick for postseason accomplishments, and that hurts him. I don't think he will waste Zeke and Dak's careers in similar fashion.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Im telling you, Jones sees that both Witt and Romo played their entire careers here and got dick for postseason accomplishments, and that hurts him. I don't think he will waste Zeke and Dak's careers in similar fashion.
Again, I hope you're right. Maybe I'm too cynical on this. But look at what he said about Witten and Romo -- it wasn't on coaching, it was on him. Man in the mirror.

Just lip service.

Rev

Staff member
Are you a season ticket holder?

Top Bottom