Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys: Can Jason Garrett get himself off the hot seat?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
    They love it when they are "this close".

This organization is basically a Jones family heirloom at this stage.

When Jerry Jr.'s stupid fucking middle school kid was waltzing around the draft room like he owned it, how can you take any of them seriously?
    It's been the preferred method to perpetuate mediocrity for over twenty years.

Comment

Lol that Jerry seriously cares that much about winning. His comfort and his money are far more important.
      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
        Lol that Jerry seriously cares that much about winning. His comfort and his money are far more important.
        My comfort and money are worth more than the Cowboys winning too...

That being said, Jones absolutely pours money into the team. I just thinks it's very disingenuous to claim he doesn't care about winning. When's the last game he missed?

I don't know how you can confuse incompetence with lack of desire or effort.
        I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
        'nuff said

Comment

The Jerry hate is strong in this thread...

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Jerry cares about looking good doing it, and he wants the team to be good enough to stay marketable.

If he genuinely gave a shit about winning Super Bowls, he would have no problem walking on eggshells.

Comment

Its all about fooling the season ticket holders. Looks like its working.
              #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
                Its all about fooling the season ticket holders. Looks like its working.
                Damn your scaly hide...
                I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                  They love it when they are "this close".

This organization is basically a Jones family heirloom at this stage.

When Jerry Jr.'s stupid fucking middle school kid was waltzing around the draft room like he owned it, how can you take any of them seriously?
                  Or JJJr or Charlotte. The draft is serious, not a show, or dinner time.

Family heirloom is such an on-the-money description.

The way things are set up, it would take overwhelming talent and good luck for this team to land a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                    Or JJJr or Charlotte. The draft is serious, not a show, or dinner time.

Family heirloom is such an on-the-money description.

The way things are set up, it would take overwhelming talent and good luck for this team to land a championship.
                    Thank you. I was on top of this eight years ago.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/jerr.../#post-3459436

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                      My comfort and money are worth more than the Cowboys winning too...

That being said, Jones absolutely pours money into the team. I just thinks it's very disingenuous to claim he doesn't care about winning. When's the last game he missed?

I don't know how you can confuse incompetence with lack of desire or effort.
                      He'd rather win than lose, sure. It's not like he cares zero percent.

But winning is obviously far down his priority list or he'd hire the best coach he could find, not a family friend puppet.

And I'm with 1bigfan. I don't think Garrett is even on the hot seat with Jerry. Any bare minimum will keep him close and comfortable. The coordinators are the ones who will probably pay if things go south.
                      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

The coordinators are the ones who will probably pay if things go south.
                        This just happened. Are you suggesting a repeat if we fail to make the playoffs in '18? I don't see that being likely. The whole body goes in that case, starting with the coaching 'head'.
                        defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                          This just happened. Are you suggesting a repeat if we fail to make the playoffs in '18? I don't see that being likely. The whole body goes in that case, starting with the coaching 'head'.
                          That was just assistants. Marinelli will just retire and it blamed on him.
                          #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post

Yeah, that's how I see it. They're not going to rearrange deck chairs on the titanic again. There will have to be significant improvement or he's out of here. Jerry's old, I doubt he's going to wait forever for Jason to finally get it.

Comment

I hope you guys are right, but I seriously doubt it. Now a 5-11 type year, sure, the fan outrage might be more than Jerry could ignore. If Jerry sensed fans were losing interest to the point it affected his bottom line, he might make a change.

But merely a disappointing year? Naw. Garrett is too much a part of the family and Jerry doesn't want to start over. Neither does Stephen. They'll find some excuses like they always have.
                              2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

I hope you guys are right, but I seriously doubt it. Now a 5-11 type year, sure, the fan outrage might be more than Jerry could ignore. If Jerry sensed fans were losing interest to the point it affected his bottom line, he might make a change.

But merely a disappointing year? Naw. Garrett is too much a part of the family and Jerry doesn't want to start over. Neither does Stephen. They'll find some excuses like they always have.
                                Sad thing is they’d never even consider a GM change, even if it was the obvious course. Not unless they wanted to get another stadium built.

Comment

Working...
                                X