OTAs/Mini-camps Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If we’re going to keep Zeke fresh over the next several years, it should be because Gallup made rushing the football a lot less profitable compared to passing.
Wasn’t that long ago that people were screaming that we passed too much. RUN THE BALL MORE!!

Now that we have a dominant running game, we need to pass more. Make the run game “less profitable.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wasn’t that long ago that people were screaming that we passed too much. RUN THE BALL MORE!!

Now that we have a dominant running game, we need to pass more. Make the run game “less profitable.”
Yep. The NFL is a passing league, and if your QB isn't stepping up most games in the playoffs you will lose.

But you need balance to make the offense work best.

Adrian Peterson's career was wasted because the Vikings were content to have shitty QBs and WRs outside of one year with Brett Favre and a mostly healthy Sidney Rice.

We need Gallup to lead the way in the passing game, otherwise I can see a very shitty year with Zeke aging three seasons against 8 and 9 in the box.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah, after last year, no one is going to be afraid of Dak beating them.

10 man boxes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, after last year, no one is going to be afraid of Dak beating them.

10 man boxes.
And you know what? I am cool with that.

Now it is on Prescott to show what he has.

And if he pulls it off, he might actually be the superstar a lot of fans, and especially Jerry Jones, believes he is.

This is a great litmus test.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

If wearing down the defense with one of the best OL and RB in the league isn't the plan all season, that will be a shame.

Dak and the WRs can still have a great year, but this team will gain respsect by punishing defenses with the run and the play action, bootlegs, and misdirections will fall into place without having to force a passing game.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Not me, I've always been a run the damn ball guy. Use the run to set up the pass, not the other way around.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If wearing down the defense with one of the best OL and RB in the league isn't the plan all season, that will be a shame.

Dak and the WRs can still have a great year, but this team will gain respsect by punishing defenses with the run and the play action, bootlegs, and misdirections will fall into place without having to force a passing game.
I would say this is the clear strategy, from the investment in premium players across the oline to the retool of the receiving corps. Run first, middle and last. When teams are rightly expecting a punishing run, pass the ball to one of several capable receivers. We’re built for smash mouth.

Top Bottom