X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
    Sounds like we keep talking about the same damned play to me after two days of "struggling".

Not very encouraging, but then defense is usually ahead of the offense at this point.
    Did you just read the article about Dak being on fire?

Sounds like Gallup has shown a lot too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
      Did you just read the article about Dak being on fire?

Sounds like Gallup has shown a lot too.
      I’ll believe it when I see it. That sounds like a very Blogging The Boys type statement.

Now Gallup is the guy I’m most excited about. If we’re going to keep Zeke fresh over the next several years, it should be because Gallup made rushing the football a lot less profitable compared to passing.

Comment

I’ll believe it when I see it. That sounds like a very Blogging The Boys type statement.
        I read that someplace too but I can't remember where, it was Saturday afternoon. I thought about posting it but it screamed fluff piece.

Comment

• Bryan Broaddus could get a job in the North Korean propaganda department.

"Yes, people of our Democratic Republic, our Dear Leader has seen to it that we will benefit another record harvest."

Comment

• Blogging the Boys should be renamed "Blowing the Boys."

Comment

If we’re going to keep Zeke fresh over the next several years, it should be because Gallup made rushing the football a lot less profitable compared to passing.
              Wasn’t that long ago that people were screaming that we passed too much. RUN THE BALL MORE!!

Now that we have a dominant running game, we need to pass more. Make the run game “less profitable.”

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                Wasn’t that long ago that people were screaming that we passed too much. RUN THE BALL MORE!!

Now that we have a dominant running game, we need to pass more. Make the run game “less profitable.”
                Yep. The NFL is a passing league, and if your QB isn't stepping up most games in the playoffs you will lose.

But you need balance to make the offense work best.

Adrian Peterson's career was wasted because the Vikings were content to have shitty QBs and WRs outside of one year with Brett Favre and a mostly healthy Sidney Rice.

We need Gallup to lead the way in the passing game, otherwise I can see a very shitty year with Zeke aging three seasons against 8 and 9 in the box.

Comment

• Yeah, after last year, no one is going to be afraid of Dak beating them.

10 man boxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
                    Yeah, after last year, no one is going to be afraid of Dak beating them.

10 man boxes.
                    And you know what? I am cool with that.

Now it is on Prescott to show what he has.

And if he pulls it off, he might actually be the superstar a lot of fans, and especially Jerry Jones, believes he is.

This is a great litmus test.

Comment

If wearing down the defense with one of the best OL and RB in the league isn't the plan all season, that will be a shame.

Dak and the WRs can still have a great year, but this team will gain respsect by punishing defenses with the run and the play action, bootlegs, and misdirections will fall into place without having to force a passing game.

Comment

Not me, I've always been a run the damn ball guy. Use the run to set up the pass, not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                          If wearing down the defense with one of the best OL and RB in the league isn't the plan all season, that will be a shame.

Dak and the WRs can still have a great year, but this team will gain respsect by punishing defenses with the run and the play action, bootlegs, and misdirections will fall into place without having to force a passing game.
                          I would say this is the clear strategy, from the investment in premium players across the oline to the retool of the receiving corps. Run first, middle and last. When teams are rightly expecting a punishing run, pass the ball to one of several capable receivers. We’re built for smash mouth.
                          defense wins championships

Comment

Working...
                          X