Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFT: Terrell McClain sets visit with Cowboys

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
    McClain last fit into the 3T rotation when he was here. He adds no new capabilities to the team.

    Hankins is a no tricks run-stuffer and is also underrated vs the pass thanks to his ability to draw blockers and give little ground.

    Watch the last drive of the 2017 Green Bay game again and tell me you trust Marinelli’s guessing to stop the run in situational football.

    Sometimes you need actual players.
    McClain played the 1 technique here last...

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by NoDak View Post
      Saying bargain shopping and Hankins in the same sentence is laughable. Dude WAAAAY over values himself for a flash he had 3-4 years ago. If we're talking JAG, that's pretty much what he's been the last couple years or so. I'd much rather have McClain over Hankins regardless of the age difference. I think both would offer pretty much the same thing, with one coming at a fraction of the cost.
      I'd put them on about the same level, too, and in addition to the cost savings, McClain is already familiar with Marinelli's scheme. He gets the edge for me, and it's not particularly close as it stands right now.
      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
        McClain last fit into the 3T rotation when he was here. He adds no new capabilities to the team.

        Hankins is a no tricks run-stuffer and is also underrated vs the pass thanks to his ability to draw blockers and give little ground.

        Watch the last drive of the 2017 Green Bay game again and tell me you trust Marinelli’s guessing to stop the run in situational football.

        Sometimes you need actual players.
        Now you're just blowing smoke out your ass.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
          I'd put them on about the same level, too, and in addition to the cost savings, McClain is already familiar with Marinelli's scheme. He gets the edge for me, and it's not particularly close as it stands right now.
          My concern with McClain is that he has a long injury history. He finally put it together in Dallas his final year here. Of three years in Dallas he only had 1 where he really avoided injury (15 game starter at least).

          Even if you go back to the early part of his career he rarely had a full healthy season. Because of that I'd lean towards Hankins but Dallas has a history with McClain and they have none with Hankins. So it's pretty much McClain or nothing.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
            My concern with McClain is that he has a long injury history. He finally put it together in Dallas his final year here. Of three years in Dallas he only had 1 where he really avoided injury (15 game starter at least).
            That's a fair point.
            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

            Comment


            • #51
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

              Comment


              • #52
                Yeah it's gonna happen. Now a safety...
                I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                'nuff said

                Comment


                • #53
                  I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                  'nuff said

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Wonder how he looked in the workout.
                    defense wins championships

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                      Wonder how he looked in the workout.
                      Healthy I hope.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                        McClain played the 1 technique here last...
                        You are correct.

                        And I’d still take Hankins over McClain every time.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                          You are correct.

                          And I’d still take Hankins over McClain every time.
                          Why? He looks to be a fat ass and not much else.
                          defense wins championships

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                            Why? He looks to be a fat ass and not much else.
                            Ravi is a chubby chaser.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X