Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, no one is rushing to sign Hankins. Kinda like Dez, although for different reasons.
    defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
      We'd better hurry, too. All those teams scrambling to sign him might beat us to him.
      Why do people think Hankins is great?

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        No shit. Eberflus doesnt want him, plus he played his first 4 years as a Giant, so we know the player. We dont care, apparently.
        defense wins championships

Comment

I had much rather have McClain.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

He was pretty awesome in 2014. 7 sacks, 51 tackles, 8 tfl
            I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
            'nuff said

Comment

Because he is big and had a decent couple years in New York before they decided not to exercise his 5th year option?

I wouldn't mind having him on the roster. But not even close to the price he thinks he's worth. He's a decent to good player. Nothing special. Certainly not worth 10 mil a year like he was asking for.

Comment

Hankins has dropped off and I feel like people are still thinking of him as he was 2-3 years ago. I wouldn't mind bringing him in but I'd be fine with McClain too.

What we really need to do is snap up Tre Boston at a reasonable price, but I'm pretty sure the front office only has eyes for Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton

What we really need to do is snap up Tre Boston at a reasonable price, but I'm pretty sure the front office only has eyes for Thomas.

YES

Comment

At this point weíre bargain shopping, not looking for great players.

Hankins is more of what we need than a guy like McClain whom we already let go and who will be 30 by opening day.

No one is saying Hankins is worth 10 mil per, but he gives us size and power no one else on the roster has and without sacrificing youth.

Hankins gives us matchup options we donít have now.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                      At this point we’re bargain shopping, not looking for great players.

Hankins is more of what we need than a guy like McClain whom we already let go and who will be 30 by opening day.

No one is saying Hankins is worth 10 mil per, but he gives us size and power no one else on the roster has and without sacrificing youth.

Hankins gives us matchup options we don’t have now.
                      Shit McClain (or Hankins) will practically be a one down player anyway. 30 year old should be fine.
                      'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                        Shit McClain (or Hankins) will practically be a one down player anyway. 30 year old should be fine.
                        McClain is a jag. He adds nothing to the equation when lined up next to Irving or Collins. Heís more like rotation depth behind Irving and Collins.

i play Collins and Hankins on running downs and Irving and Collins on passing downs

Comment

McClain is a jag. He adds nothing to the equation when lined up next to Irving or Collins. He’s more like rotation depth behind Irving and Collins.

i play Collins and Hankins on running downs and Irving and Collins on passing downs
                          I don't think that is an entirely accurate assessment of McClain, at least based on his tenure here. Didn't really follow him in Washington.

He was a good player. I'd certainly love to have him off the bench as a helper in run stopping.

Comment

McClain is a jag. He adds nothing to the equation when lined up next to Irving or Collins. He’s more like rotation depth behind Irving and Collins.

He's a one-dimensional run stopper. But we need one of those.
                            'nuff said

Comment

Saying bargain shopping and Hankins in the same sentence is laughable. Dude WAAAAY over values himself for a flash he had 3-4 years ago. If we're talking JAG, that's pretty much what he's been the last couple years or so. I'd much rather have McClain over Hankins regardless of the age difference. I think both would offer pretty much the same thing, with one coming at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                                He's a one-dimensional run stopper. But we need one of those.
                                McClain last fit into the 3T rotation when he was here. He adds no new capabilities to the team.

Hankins is a no tricks run-stuffer and is also underrated vs the pass thanks to his ability to draw blockers and give little ground.

Watch the last drive of the 2017 Green Bay game again and tell me you trust Marinelliís guessing to stop the run in situational football.

Sometimes you need actual players.

Comment

Working...
                                X