Mike White Highlights

lostxn

DCC 4Life

This motherfucker can throw the deepball. Holy shit. Total statue but what an arm and touch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah he looks like a prototypical QB. I'm not sure how many watched the Senior Bowl but he really stood out in that game. He is definitely your old school, stand in there and take a shot while delivering the ball QB. But when you're a big and tall guy like that you can do that. I really like him. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go in the third round in any draft. Dak was a late fourth, so I'm certainly not going to sit here and limit the guy simply because we took him in the fifth.

This is the best I have felt about our three deep at QB in an extremely long time. Might actually make watching all of preseason games worthwhile.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah he looks like a prototypical QB. I'm not sure how many watched the Senior Bowl but he really stood out in that game. He is definitely your old school, stand in there and take a shot while delivering the ball QB. But when you're a big and tall guy like that you can do that. I really like him. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go in the third round in any draft. Dak was a late fourth, so I'm certainly not going to sit here and limit the guy simply because we took him in the fifth.

This is the best I have felt about our three deep at QB in an extremely long time. Might actually make watching all of preseason games worthwhile.
agreed. im a huge cooper rush fan.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This guy will be our starter in two years. Maybe year and a half.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty interesting departure from the norm. It will make watching a preseason game interesting again.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Pretty interesting departure from the norm. It will make watching a preseason game interesting again.
[MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION]

deadrise

DCC 4Life
OK, here's a question: how long can you keep three QBs on your roster if the second two are promising backups?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
OK, here's a question: how long can you keep three QBs on your roster if the second two are promising backups?
You don't. You trade one of them if both are showing great promise and the right offer is there.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
That's what GB and NE have done. Draft guys high, play them in preseason and play them on occasion when required, then trade them for good picks later and drat another. If Dak doesn't live up to the first year and a half over the next year and a half, hopefully 1 of the next 2 will be ready. I think I'd be in favor of getting 1 of them ready anyway rather than giving a QB 30 mil a year just because he's next up. I like Dak, but not sure if he'll be a 30 mil dollar QB.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
You don't. You trade one of them if both are showing great promise and the right offer is there.
Absolutely. That's the perfect scenario. But I wonder if the Three Stooges in the front office and RHG's coaching crew are capable of managing the process.

They invested a lot in this draft of making the offense "Dak-friendly." As fortsbest points out, what happens if Dak falls short over the next two seasons?

This team is not very adaptable. Jerry's been all over the media with this Dak-friendly shit. If it doesn't work out, do Rush or White get a shot?

Or do they just wither on the vine till some other team grabs one of them as a free agent?

Cotton

Staff member
Absolutely. That's the perfect scenario. But I wonder if the Three Stooges in the front office and RHG's coaching crew are capable of managing the process.

They invested a lot in this draft of making the offense "Dak-friendly." As fortsbest points out, what happens if Dak falls short over the next two seasons?

This team is not very adaptable. Jerry's been all over the media with this Dak-friendly shit. If it doesn't work out, do Rush or White get a shot?

Or do they just wither on the vine till some other team grabs one of them as a free agent?
I think this will be a very telling year for Dak. If he doesn't succeed this year, I think you have to think long and hard about opening up the QB1 slot for competition.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
How was this draft geared toward being “Dak friendly”? I would think a good guard and wide receiver would be “friendly “ to any QB, regardless of who they were or their style of play.

Cotton

Staff member
How was this draft geared toward being “Dak friendly”? I would think a good guard and wide receiver would be “friendly “ to any QB, regardless of who they were or their style of play.
I think dropping Dez was more Dak-friendly than the draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not only that but 2 of the first 4 picks were defense. So it's not like we went offense heavy in this draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think dropping Dez was more Dak-friendly than the draft.
I guess you can call it whatever you want, but if it is true he was a cancer with fast eroding skills his release would be friendly to any QB. I think the term Dak or Romo friendly is just a lazy, retarded term our front office came up with and fans adopted.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Giants went RB and G with their first two picks. Very Eli friendly.

Cotton

Staff member
I guess you can call it whatever you want, but if it is true he was a cancer with fast eroding skills his release would be friendly to any QB. I think the term Dak or Romo friendly is just a lazy, retarded term our front office came up with and fans adopted.
That's fair.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
LOL. Yeah getting receivers who run routes and get open is pretty helpful for Tom Brady too. Actually those are the open type of receivers he likes. He doesn't use the big body types except for TEs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think this will be a very telling year for Dak. If he doesn't succeed this year, I think you have to think long and hard about opening up the QB1 slot for competition.
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but in the back of my head, I kinda have QB versus the field as my earmarked use for first round pick next year already.

Top Bottom