X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike White Highlights

This motherfucker can throw the deepball. Holy shit. Total statue but what an arm and touch.
    I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
    'nuff said

Yeah he looks like a prototypical QB. I'm not sure how many watched the Senior Bowl but he really stood out in that game. He is definitely your old school, stand in there and take a shot while delivering the ball QB. But when you're a big and tall guy like that you can do that. I really like him. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go in the third round in any draft. Dak was a late fourth, so I'm certainly not going to sit here and limit the guy simply because we took him in the fifth.

This is the best I have felt about our three deep at QB in an extremely long time. Might actually make watching all of preseason games worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
      Yeah he looks like a prototypical QB. I'm not sure how many watched the Senior Bowl but he really stood out in that game. He is definitely your old school, stand in there and take a shot while delivering the ball QB. But when you're a big and tall guy like that you can do that. I really like him. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go in the third round in any draft. Dak was a late fourth, so I'm certainly not going to sit here and limit the guy simply because we took him in the fifth.

This is the best I have felt about our three deep at QB in an extremely long time. Might actually make watching all of preseason games worthwhile.
      agreed. im a huge cooper rush fan.
      I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
      'nuff said

Comment

This guy will be our starter in two years. Maybe year and a half.

Comment

Pretty interesting departure from the norm. It will make watching a preseason game interesting again.

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
            Pretty interesting departure from the norm. It will make watching a preseason game interesting again.
            [MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION]

Comment

OK, here's a question: how long can you keep three QBs on your roster if the second two are promising backups?

Comment

Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                OK, here's a question: how long can you keep three QBs on your roster if the second two are promising backups?
                You don't. You trade one of them if both are showing great promise and the right offer is there.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

That's what GB and NE have done. Draft guys high, play them in preseason and play them on occasion when required, then trade them for good picks later and drat another. If Dak doesn't live up to the first year and a half over the next year and a half, hopefully 1 of the next 2 will be ready. I think I'd be in favor of getting 1 of them ready anyway rather than giving a QB 30 mil a year just because he's next up. I like Dak, but not sure if he'll be a 30 mil dollar QB.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                    [MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                      You don't. You trade one of them if both are showing great promise and the right offer is there.
                      Absolutely. That's the perfect scenario. But I wonder if the Three Stooges in the front office and RHG's coaching crew are capable of managing the process.

They invested a lot in this draft of making the offense "Dak-friendly." As fortsbest points out, what happens if Dak falls short over the next two seasons?

This team is not very adaptable. Jerry's been all over the media with this Dak-friendly shit. If it doesn't work out, do Rush or White get a shot?

Or do they just wither on the vine till some other team grabs one of them as a free agent?

Comment

Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                        Absolutely. That's the perfect scenario. But I wonder if the Three Stooges in the front office and RHG's coaching crew are capable of managing the process.

They invested a lot in this draft of making the offense "Dak-friendly." As fortsbest points out, what happens if Dak falls short over the next two seasons?

This team is not very adaptable. Jerry's been all over the media with this Dak-friendly shit. If it doesn't work out, do Rush or White get a shot?

Or do they just wither on the vine till some other team grabs one of them as a free agent?
                        I think this will be a very telling year for Dak. If he doesn't succeed this year, I think you have to think long and hard about opening up the QB1 slot for competition.

Comment

How was this draft geared toward being “Dak friendly”? I would think a good guard and wide receiver would be “friendly “ to any QB, regardless of who they were or their style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                            How was this draft geared toward being “Dak friendly”? I would think a good guard and wide receiver would be “friendly “ to any QB, regardless of who they were or their style of play.
                            I think dropping Dez was more Dak-friendly than the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                              Not only that but 2 of the first 4 picks were defense. So it's not like we went offense heavy in this draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X