Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anything this show did illustrate what an issue Bryant was.

Comment

I disagree. Honestly that episode with Lewis was mostly on Lewis. Lewis didn't like that Dez threw the ball at him and escalated it about 1000%. He must have called Dez out like 10 times.

If anything this series made me think the team cancer narrative is way overblown. The worst sequence was Dez complaining about Dooley praising the broncos DBs and that was extremely minor.

Every time Dez was animated during a game it was always about trying to win. They never once showed him complaining about touches or criticizing teammates or whatever.

As an aside, newfound respect for Scandrick after watching the series. He was one of the few trying to hold guys accountable when things were going off the rails.

Also, holy shit that ref's explanation on the non-call for PI when the one DB mugged Dez in the end zone in the first eagles game was atrocious. It didn't have a "material effect" on the play? That's fucking horseshit on the level of "running through the hold."

Comment

They tried to paint Dez as a villain and Garrett as some kind of articulate hero.

Itís called editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
          I disagree. Honestly that episode with Lewis was mostly on Lewis. Lewis didn't like that Dez threw the ball at him and escalated it about 1000%. He must have called Dez out like 10 times.

If anything this series made me think the team cancer narrative is way overblown. The worst sequence was Dez complaining about Dooley praising the broncos DBs and that was extremely minor.

Every time Dez was animated during a game it was always about trying to win. They never once showed him complaining about touches or criticizing teammates or whatever.
          I felt the same way. As the series went along it always seemed Dez was trying to fire up teammates and was always giving effort. Honestly, how good would his season have been without all of the drops? If he could clean that up I think he would still be very productive.

Anyone notice Dez tell Lewis how predictable the offense was? That's probably why the coaches signed off on his release. I imagine that wasn't the only time he made comments about that.

Also, who the hell is Jourdan Lewis think he is? Trash talking rookie that missed time with injury that should show some respect until he has some skins on the wall.

Comment

I could be wrong but I don't think Dez meant the offense was predictable, I think he meant the offense beats the defense every time and THAT'S predictable.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Lewis sticking up for himself. I don't care that he's a rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                Also, who the hell is Jourdan Lewis think he is? Trash talking rookie that missed time with injury that should show some respect until he has some skins on the wall.
                He is a stud corner, that's what they do. If you're a corner and you lack that confidence you're going to get torched. If you want him to go up against guys like Julio Jones he sure as shit can't practice against Dez differently. Or acting like these stud WRs are in a different class.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                  He is a stud corner, that's what they do. If you're a corner and you lack that confidence you're going to get torched. If you want him to go up against guys like Julio Jones he sure as shit can't practice against Dez differently. Or acting like these stud WRs are in a different class.

Yep. No time for being meek.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                    I don't have a problem with Lewis sticking up for himself. I don't care that he's a rookie.
                    Yeah, I like attitude like that in my DBs. A huge part of a DBs game is his confidence, and Lewis seems to have it in spades.
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                      I have been timestamped upon.
                      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

So, with nothing happening, I thought I'd watch the series again, focusing on the turning point of the year, the Atlanta game.
                        This is where it got real fugly. And we came into the game rolling.

Leading up to the game, Zeke finally gets suspended, a huge blow.

Tyron is scratched with a groin pull. Another huge blow, underestimated and ill prepared by the staff. Chaz Green abuses Taco in practice leading up to the game, like that meant shit.

Getting absolutely zero help from the head coach, coordinator and line coach, Chaz gets abused from the start and with no Zeke, Alfred and the run game goes nowhere. Amazingly, Dak somehow doesnt get hurt.

This is easily Garrett's worst showing of the year.

To add insult, Sean Lee tweaked something and had to exit: open the flood gate in the form of the Atlanta run offense.

To his credit, Garrett assumes responsibility in the post mortem staff meeting following. We finally see him take responsibility for poor in game adjustment and preparation/contingency planning. Finally.

Don't look now, but an Eagles ass whoopin is on deck.
                        Last edited by p1_; 07-02-2018, 08:55 AM.
                        defense wins championships

Comment

Yeah, last season wasn't *all* on Garrett but he's been coaching long enough now that there seems to be a trend. If it were the NCAA, it would probably be labeled lack of institutional control. It's what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum.

Comment

Working...
                          X