"All Or Nothing" thread

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The more I am hearing this about Dez just confirms that he was hurting the offense last year. Dak was obviously under pressure from him to get him the ball.
I think everyone has worked with people like this. Whiners. What's the worst is when they are high performers and you are kind of stuck him them. It's just unpleasant for everyone. They may even be fun to be around when they aren't on a rant. I think the team will be much happier with him gone. Just fucks up the chemistry. To be fair, the injuries to Lee and Smith and the Zeke suspension is what doomed our season. It wasn't Dez. However, when we needed to get more production out of the passing game, he dropped balls, failed to get open and turned the ball over. I just don't see any way we could have kept him. I'm sure going to miss watching him though. Hell of a player when he's on.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Damn Chidobe was getting in Dez' face hard. Then Dez absolutely bitch slapped him, beating him vertically and then pushing him down. Nearly got in a fight. LOL. Damn if Dez could just control his emotions...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think everyone has worked with people like this. Whiners. What's the worst is when they are high performers and you are kind of stuck him them. It's just unpleasant for everyone. They may even be fun to be around when they aren't on a rant. I think the team will be much happier with him gone. Just fucks up the chemistry. To be fair, the injuries to Lee and Smith and the Zeke suspension is what doomed our season. It wasn't Dez. However, when we needed to get more production out of the passing game, he dropped balls, failed to get open and turned the ball over. I just don't see any way we could have kept him. I'm sure going to miss watching him though. Hell of a player when he's on.
WR's seem to be the worst in terms of being divas. I guess it's the nature of the position or something. Which may be why offenses that don't have a diva WR seem to operate best sometimes. The offense then is ran by the offensive coordinator as opposed a WR and QB trying to do things on their own.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
WR's seem to be the worst in terms of being divas. I guess it's the nature of the position or something. Which may be why offenses that don't have a diva WR seem to operate best sometimes. The offense then is ran by the offensive coordinator as opposed a WR and QB trying to do things on their own.
No doubt. Receivers are the most dependent players on the team. If the line isn't doing it's job, if the quarterback isn't doing his and if the defense decides to shut you down - you're just out there running routes for nothing. People wonder what's wrong with you but it really isn't your fault. That situation of being held responsible despite things not really being fully in your control makes for people who are easily frustrated. Also, you have to be a little crazy to be willing to catch balls when a 200 lb safety who runs a 4.5 is about to put the crown of his helmet in your ribs.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Just finished the series. Enjoyed it. They ran a lot about the Highland Park Scotts. My wife used to teach at HP and I even saw one of their games at Texas Stadium when Matthew Stafford won state as I recall. The success the Jones grandson has stood in stark contrast to the failures of the Cowboys. Must have been kind of weird the day after John Stephen Jones brought his team back from 10 points down with 3 minutes to go that the Cowboys literally handed the win, and ended the season, to a punchless Seattle team.

Ah well, now the long march to August...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn Chidobe was getting in Dez' face hard. Then Dez absolutely bitch slapped him, beating him vertically and then pushing him down. Nearly got in a fight. LOL. Damn if Dez could just control his emotions...
It is not just his emotions.

He has effort and maturity issues still. He never turned the corner where great WRs go from phenom to technician. He was pretty much a physical player that once the edge was lost and there is not a guy like Romo to throw it to a precise point, he can't play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am on the "Jaylon Smith" episode.

I hate to say it, but I was not impressed. This was right about the time where they limited his snaps.

Yet if you watch this, you think Smith had a killer game.

Rivers picked apart this defense in the second half.

That was a repetitive pattern. Hold the opponent down and they blew us out in the second half.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Jourdan Lewis/Bryant sequence showed you why he was released.

He is not a professional.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Now that guy can throw an accurate back shoulder pass. No one pressured him and he had no respect for our “shadow but don’t ever turn your head” DBs

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I am on the "Jaylon Smith" episode.

I hate to say it, but I was not impressed. This was right about the time where they limited his snaps.

Yet if you watch this, you think Smith had a killer game.

That was a repetitive pattern. Hold the opponent down and they blew us out in the second half.
Meh... it's all about editing. That was a feel-good piece about Jaylon. Isn't that true about all "reality" shows? They sure got their money's worth with Dez too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If anything this show did illustrate what an issue Bryant was.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I disagree. Honestly that episode with Lewis was mostly on Lewis. Lewis didn't like that Dez threw the ball at him and escalated it about 1000%. He must have called Dez out like 10 times.

If anything this series made me think the team cancer narrative is way overblown. The worst sequence was Dez complaining about Dooley praising the broncos DBs and that was extremely minor.

Every time Dez was animated during a game it was always about trying to win. They never once showed him complaining about touches or criticizing teammates or whatever.

As an aside, newfound respect for Scandrick after watching the series. He was one of the few trying to hold guys accountable when things were going off the rails.

Also, holy shit that ref's explanation on the non-call for PI when the one DB mugged Dez in the end zone in the first eagles game was atrocious. It didn't have a "material effect" on the play? That's fucking horseshit on the level of "running through the hold."

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They tried to paint Dez as a villain and Garrett as some kind of articulate hero.

It’s called editing.

Rayman

Brand New Member
I disagree. Honestly that episode with Lewis was mostly on Lewis. Lewis didn't like that Dez threw the ball at him and escalated it about 1000%. He must have called Dez out like 10 times.

If anything this series made me think the team cancer narrative is way overblown. The worst sequence was Dez complaining about Dooley praising the broncos DBs and that was extremely minor.

Every time Dez was animated during a game it was always about trying to win. They never once showed him complaining about touches or criticizing teammates or whatever.
I felt the same way. As the series went along it always seemed Dez was trying to fire up teammates and was always giving effort. Honestly, how good would his season have been without all of the drops? If he could clean that up I think he would still be very productive.

Anyone notice Dez tell Lewis how predictable the offense was? That's probably why the coaches signed off on his release. I imagine that wasn't the only time he made comments about that.

Also, who the hell is Jourdan Lewis think he is? Trash talking rookie that missed time with injury that should show some respect until he has some skins on the wall.

Genghis Khan

I could be wrong but I don't think Dez meant the offense was predictable, I think he meant the offense beats the defense every time and THAT'S predictable.

Genghis Khan

I don't have a problem with Lewis sticking up for himself. I don't care that he's a rookie.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, who the hell is Jourdan Lewis think he is? Trash talking rookie that missed time with injury that should show some respect until he has some skins on the wall.
He is a stud corner, that's what they do. If you're a corner and you lack that confidence you're going to get torched. If you want him to go up against guys like Julio Jones he sure as shit can't practice against Dez differently. Or acting like these stud WRs are in a different class.

Genghis Khan

He is a stud corner, that's what they do. If you're a corner and you lack that confidence you're going to get torched. If you want him to go up against guys like Julio Jones he sure as shit can't practice against Dez differently. Or acting like these stud WRs are in a different class.

Yep. No time for being meek.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't have a problem with Lewis sticking up for himself. I don't care that he's a rookie.
Yeah, I like attitude like that in my DBs. A huge part of a DBs game is his confidence, and Lewis seems to have it in spades.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have been timestamped upon.

Top Bottom