Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, they can. Only suspended players can't participate with the team.
Injured Reserve
NFL teams are permitted to place any number of players on Injured Reserve. Any player placed on the IR list counts against the salary cap, but not against the roster limit. These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and sign with another team. These players may not practice with their team at any time, but can attend team meetings and be around the team. This year for the first time, two NFL players from each team will be eligible to come off IR after eight weeks of being on the list...

So no they can't practice. Which was my main problem with placing Rico on IR to stash him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Injured Reserve
NFL teams are permitted to place any number of players on Injured Reserve. Any player placed on the IR list counts against the salary cap, but not against the roster limit. These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and sign with another team. These players may not practice with their team at any time, but can attend team meetings and be around the team. This year for the first time, two NFL players from each team will be eligible to come off IR after eight weeks of being on the list...

So no they can't practice. Which was my main problem with placing Rico on IR to stash him.
I stand corrected.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Injured Reserve

So he truly lost a full 4-5 months of development. Thats not good for a basketball guy trying to become an NFL tight end.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So he truly lost a full 4-5 months of development. Thats not good for a basketball guy trying to become an NFL tight end.
Yep, I mean I guess he could have been working on things individually but I doubt it. I guess he still got "mental" reps but anyone who has played football before knows those only go so far. You need to be on the field actually doing those things for them to stick on game day.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Yep, I mean I guess he could have been working on things individually but I doubt it. I guess he still got "mental" reps but anyone who has played football before knows those only go so far. You need to be on the field actually doing those things for them to stick on game day.
Maybe he was working out with Zeke in Cabo...

Top Bottom