Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
One of the banning reasons during that time was disagreements over Taylor Hicks. Don't see that coming close to happening now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
One of the banning reasons during that time was disagreements over Taylor Hicks. Don't see that coming close to happening now.

R.I.P Trojans14

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I had forgotten the almost random ridiculous bans.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In general the board was much ban happier back then though. EZ used to ban people for not fitting in.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In general the board was much ban happier back then though. EZ used to ban people for not fitting in.
Yep, and both being gone have helped the board tremendously.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You are correct. He wasn't the only one to blame but it was ban happy because he was an asshole at that time. I don't read the Zone so dont know how he is now. Perhaps he has mellowed with age. Perhaps not.

midswat

... soon
Sbk92 espn days was nothing like what he morphed into here.

Somewhere along the line, he developed a massive ego.

I was an ESPN’er but spent 90% of my time trolling the redskins board. Goldenster95, Brock2005, and Sharkinva were some of mine and sbks favorite people to troll.

I discovered the mazevo board right before the DCC split. EZ or sbk sent me an invite. Good times.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

I was an ESPN’er but spent 90% of my time trolling the redskins board. Goldenster95, Brock2005, and Sharkinva were some of mine and sbks favorite people to troll.

I discovered the mazevo board right before the DCC split. EZ or sbk sent me an invite. Good times.
I spoke to him a bit when he moved over to the Zone (I think). He was much more humble there. I have to say the posters there are so fing annoying. The quality of discussion is shit.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

:lol

Those names bring back some memories.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Those names bring back a lot of memories.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And I dont hear folks saying those are particularly good memories.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Question: We'll know more after OTAs and training camp, but what are the realistic expectations for tight end Rico Gathers?

Brandon George: It's time for the Cowboys to either put Rico Gathers on the field in the regular season or move on from him. They've been patient with Gathers to give him a chance to learn the NFL and become a more complete player. They know his ability to catch the football is his strength but he needed to become a better blocker and learn the offense more after not having played football since the eighth grade. With Jason Witten now retired, the Cowboys need Gathers to become a part of their offense. Realistically, the Cowboys will likely spot him at times in positions he's more comfortable in, such as a big target in the red zone, and see how he handles that before giving him more responsibilities in the offense.

Jon Machota: It's interesting that whenever someone from the Cowboys is asked about the tight end position, Gathers' name is usually mentioned last when running down the depth chart. He has to have a strong camp and a good preseason showing for me to think he'll be in the mix this season. He can obviously catch the ball. He's already a legitimate red-zone threat in the passing game. But there are so many other aspects of playing the position that he'll need to improve on for the coaching staff to feel comfortable putting him out there. It's realistic to think he improves in some of those other areas and gets opportunities with the first team leading into the regular season. It's how he handles those reps that will determine if he's a part of the game plan in September.

Kate Hairopoulos: The hype and the hope have been great for Rico Gathers since the Cowboys used their last pick on the former basketball power forward in the 2016 draft. Yet, two seasons have come and gone and he still hasn't appeared in a regular season game. No question that the concussion suffered in training camp last summer served as a serious setback. He wasn't around the team for a long time, somewhat mysteriously. Gathers is back now and working with the team. We know he's a big target; throw the ball up and let him go get it. What still remains to be seen is how much he can pick up the nuances of the game -- the blocks, the pass game and the run game, there's a lot to learn -- and earn the trust of the coaches to be part of the gameday roster.

p1_

DCC 4Life
What are the rules about players being on IR? Are there restrictions for injured players?

Cotton

Staff member
What are the rules about players being on IR? Are there restrictions for injured players?
What do you mean?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I mean what are they allowed to do, practice as normal?

Cotton

Staff member
I mean what are they allowed to do, practice as normal?
Yeah, they can practice. But, generally when put on IR they are hurt enough they have to work off to the side with trainers and don't practice with the team.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I don’t care if this is a repost. It’s a good tribute.

midswat

... soon
Saw that earlier.

God I hate Jason Garrett

Prime example of the players bailing Garrett out. By his own admission, the playcall was terrible for the defense the lions came out in. Yet there we were, 4th down and six in a playoff game. Do we call time out? Change the playcall? Nope. And was it just a coincidence the lions came out in the perfect defense for our playcall? Or was it another example of our predictability?

Still... the ball is snapped, Witten semi-improvised and he and Romo make a great play. Otherwise it’s year 8 and still zero playoff wins for our idiot coach.

Top Bottom