Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I now have all of these saved to Imgur. I had them all on Photobucket but that site sucks ass now.
I still have a bunch there too but yeah, it's a PITA. Ads for days, slower than a sloth stuck in maple syrup.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that was it.

Some Slurs fan was the king there.

I really enjoyed trolling him.
Wasn't he a member or moderator at Extremeskins? I think I remember the guy but I've stumbled across a lot of moron Skins fans on the internet over the years. Art? Where are you Art?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah, I remember leaving the ESPN boards at some point in 2003... sbk poached a few of us from there. Some of the funniest shit I've ever read was when he was trolling the Redskins board. One of my favorite bits was when he would post "leaked" entries from burgundyngold's private diary... I would laugh myself sick.

I was still a heavy drinker back then, so my memory from that time is a sketchy.
Some of the best times ever was the ESPN boards 1999-2003ish

2233boys

Not So New Member
I've been posting (and mostly lurking) with some of youse bums in the ESPN days since I was a pre-teen. Just turned 30 last year.
That's messed up since ESPN? Cripes we are getting old

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I was on ESPN with guys like Bipo, sbk, 2233, etc.

And FWIW even though sbk has unpopular opinions at times, football wise I think he's a good board member to have around. It's good to have your assumptions challenged on things sometimes. And FWIW he's not a Garrett fan.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
LT, VA, Doomsday, myself and several others in the mid-90’s posted on the Austin360 site in an obscure page called “You make the call”. That was just a single thread.

For some reason it showed up on Cowboys internet searches at the time.

Then most of us went over to Mazevo.

I missed the whole Hutchinshlong drama until I realized a bunch of regulars were suddenly gone, did a search on “boozeman” and found the DCC.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I was on ESPN with guys like Bipo, sbk, 2233, etc.

And FWIW even though sbk has unpopular opinions at times, football wise I think he's a good board member to have around. It's good to have your assumptions challenged on things sometimes. And FWIW he's not a Garrett fan.
sbk92 was a good board member. Lord knows I disagreed with him at times (his ridiculous blind spot regarding CBs for example), but that’s part of what makes a board interesting.

Again, I missed the whole Mexico debacle.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
LT, VA, Doomsday, myself and several others in the mid-90’s posted on the Austin360 site in an obscure page called “You make the call”. That was just a single thread.

For some reason it showed up on Cowboys internet searches at the time.

Then most of us went over to Mazevo.

I missed the whole Hutchinshlong drama until I realized a bunch of regulars were suddenly gone, did a search on “boozeman” and found the DCC.
That Austin360 forum goes back with me to the mid 90s. There was also a CalCB fan who moved back to Texas and joined the SKB site but disappeared. Then there was ColoradoCowboy later modified to CoCo but he also disappeared.

As I recall some idiot decided to blitz the site and did this two or three times and the site was dropped from the publication. I think the culprit was Diego but that was just a hunch.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I was browsing DMN articles back in 2002 when a kind gentleman offered me membership to his site, thecowboys.net.

He didn't seem TooHostile, but it was his screen name. After I heard the story the first time, I could tell he was a major douche.

But thecowboys.net gave me an opportunity that I'd never had. Having lived in Illinois and Georgia, I was never able to interact with other Dallas fans minus the occassional ^5 in the mall.

It took a little while to get going there and feel out who was cool, but it seemed like there was always some hot topics going on...this was around the time Parcells came on board so it was pretty crazy.

They used to give you avatars based on your post count, and by the time I'd hit 1,000 posts and was eligible to pick my own avatar, the group of folks who I enjoyed chatting with left the site.

The thing that sticks out the most from my time there was the ROY!!!! BOOM video. Anytime I hear that song it reminds me of the old board.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was browsing DMN articles back in 2002 when a kind gentleman offered me membership to his site, thecowboys.net.

He didn't seem TooHostile, but it was his screen name. After I heard the story the first time, I could tell he was a major douche.

But thecowboys.net gave me an opportunity that I'd never had. Having lived in Illinois and Georgia, I was never able to interact with other Dallas fans minus the occassional ^5 in the mall.

It took a little while to get going there and feel out who was cool, but it seemed like there was always some hot topics going on...this was around the time Parcells came on board so it was pretty crazy.

They used to give you avatars based on your post count, and by the time I'd hit 1,000 posts and was eligible to pick my own avatar, the group of folks who I enjoyed chatting with left the site.

The thing that sticks out the most from my time there was the ROY!!!! BOOM video. Anytime I hear that song it reminds me of the old board.
Can you post said video? I'm not sure I have ever seen it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Here comes the BOOOOOOOOM!

I've seen some bootleg Roy boom videos, but they're not the same as the original.

Things were really looking up back then.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I love it. The Witten thread becomes a stroll down message board memory lane.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
SBK has a lot of football knowledge he just went on rants where he was insufferable.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
SBK has a lot of football knowledge he just went on rants where he was insufferable.
He was rude beligerent and went out of his way to belittle people. In short an insufferable jerk.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Gee that never happens anymore around here.
Not to the same extent it doesn't. He was on a different level. On the whole this board has settled down now and I don't see that stuff nearly as much.

Top Bottom