Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Wow... he is as close to Mr. Cowboy 2.0 as anyone will ever become. Since 1998, when I bought a Woodson jersey, Witten's is the only other one I've gotten.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea although if we're being honest the offense is really Tyron/Frederick/Martin's to run, you just don't normally think of OL in that context since they don't handle the ball.
Talent wise they are definitely the leaders. You just don't usually see a lineman being a real team leader type. Most look towards the QB for that. And I honestly think Dak and Zeke sort of have a great dynamic off the field as well as on it. But you're right, the three best players on our roster might all be on the O-line. And hopefully we just added a fourth.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I mean he literally was handed the keys to one of the biggest jobs in the NFL. With no announcing experience. I can't blame him. Who knows if that job would have even been available to him a year or two from now.
I thought pretty much the same thing. The job's on the table, strike while the iron's hot.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I've been posting (and mostly lurking) with some of youse bums in the ESPN days since I was a pre-teen. Just turned 30 last year.
I wish I had been around in the ESPN days.

I heard they were crazy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fitting that we are having this discussion in the Witten thread, considering this board was born the year after he was drafted.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll say this, I'm a big fan of some of the potential that Schultz and Wells have.

Lord knows what goes on in Gathers head, if he wants it he will be a great player for us, but at the very least I feel confident that we have a stable group of number 2's who will be very good blockers in the 2 rookies along with Swaim and/or Jarwin.

We'll be looking for that explosive downfield element at TE come next offseason but I like the depth we have there right now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I recall after Witten’s first season and I made the statement that he had the potential to be better than Novecek. You would have thought I set a house on fire. There were a few members around then from that group but not very many.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I recall after Witten’s first season and I made the statement that he had the potential to be better than Novecek. You would have thought I set a house on fire. There were a few members around then from that group but not very many.

Doesn’t seem that long ago.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll say this, I'm a big fan of some of the potential that Schultz and Wells have.

Lord knows what goes on in Gathers head, if he wants it he will be a great player for us, but at the very least I feel confident that we have a stable group of number 2's who will be very good blockers in the 2 rookies along with Swaim and/or Jarwin.

We'll be looking for that explosive downfield element at TE come next offseason but I like the depth we have there right now.
Yeah this is Gathers shot at this thing. He has the ability to be an explosive TE. But he's going to have to work his ass off for that job. If he falters this year I expect an athletic TE to be near the top of my wish list next year. I'd love to see Gathers become what we all saw in preseason last year as a receiver. But there is also something about the guy I don't trust.

This is the Rico I want to see next year, minus the dumb ass fumble.

vince

Not So New Member
Yeah this is Gathers shot at this thing. He has the ability to be an explosive TE. But he's going to have to work his ass off for that job. If he falters this year I expect an athletic TE to be near the top of my wish list next year. I'd love to see Gathers become what we all saw in preseason last year as a receiver. But there is also something about the guy I don't trust.

He is not the RKG. Also, didn't he make some idiotic statement during a preseason game last year about being the best TE?

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Fitting that we are having this discussion in the Witten thread, considering this board was born the year after he was drafted.
The year I joined. 2004.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

The fumble was Noah Brown.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I love his friggin empty ass room with his computer and setup and nothing else.

Top Bottom