Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

BipolarFuk

Demoted
God bless, this team is significantly worse than they were at the end of the season. This is depressing.

minus Dez, Witten, Hitchens, Butler, Keith Smith, Kyle Wilbur, OG Jonathan Cooper
plus WR Allen Hurns, WR Deonte Thompson, OT Cam Fleming, G Marcus Martin, LB Joe Thomas, DE Kony Ealy, now LVE

We're worse at WR, nothing now at TE, likely marginally worse at OL, only better at LB
Maybe better at LB. LVE has potential to be a beast, however.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
God bless, this team is significantly worse than they were at the end of the season. This is depressing.

minus Dez, Witten, Hitchens, Butler, Keith Smith, Kyle Wilbur, OG Jonathan Cooper
plus WR Allen Hurns, WR Deonte Thompson, OT Cam Fleming, G Marcus Martin, LB Joe Thomas, DE Kony Ealy, now LVE

We're worse at WR, nothing now at TE, likely marginally worse at OL, only better at LB
Yep, and when you include last offseason we lost even more (like Leary) that we didn't replace.

The talent on this team has fallen hard in a little over a year. The front office has done a poor job of managing what was a pretty good team for a second there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yep, and when you include last offseason we lost even more (like Leary) that we didn't replace.

The talent on this team has fallen hard in a little over a year. The front office has done a poor job of managing what was a pretty good team for a second there.
It's hard when you basically rely solely on the draft to replenish talent.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Noah Brown is our new TE. Welcome to Dallas Cowboys football 2018.

p1_

DCC 4Life
No reason to panic, guys. How many of you just recently said he SHOULD retire? Well, seems he agreed. Best to suck it up and keep on moving.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Geez, David Moore just said on the Ticket that the team knew this was a possibility, but they gave it a low probability. :doh

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean, Witten announced he was going to play in 2018 a few weeks ago, and then he goes and retires because what, ESPN offered him an extra million a year?

It's ridiculous.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dez is enjoying this I'm sure.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
No reason to panic, guys. How many of you just recently said he SHOULD retire? Well, seems he agreed. Best to suck it up and keep on moving.
That's why this doesn't bother me. How long have we been saying his play has dropped off so bad that all he does is run five yards, catch, and fall forward for two. No big loss here IMO.
Guess we'll find out how much the staff believes in Gathers after rounds two and three.

midswat

... soon
Didn’t see this coming.

Vol and Cowboys legend. But I soured on him after his and Romos dumbass Garrett support.

Losing Dez and Witten in the same offseason feels like a end of an era, almost. Both hold a number of cowboys records.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm in that boat and I'm not panicking. The guy is likely a 1st ballot HOFer and probably a shoo in for the ring of honor but he hasn't been as effective a weapon in the passing game for a couple of years. The timing sucks since it's during the draft though unless the guys we already have can step up.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I mean, Witten announced he was going to play in 2018 a few weeks ago, and then he goes and retires because what, ESPN offered him an extra million a year?

It's ridiculous.
If he'll make a million a year more at BSPN without the physical wear and tear, good on him. I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think we could address the need with a big WR, as odd as it sounds. Sutton in particular is who stands out, he's a big possession WR who will go over the middle and win in contested situations.

Add him to Hurns, Williams and Beasley and you have 4 very solid receiving targets, compared to Dez/Williams/Beasley/Witten last year.

Doesn't do much for run blocking, although Sutton is an excellent blocker.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
No way this took Garrett and Co. by surprise. I'm betting they've known about this for a week at least.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dan Campbell showed a young Witten how to play the game, it's kind of a shame he couldn't do the same for one year.

Lots of knowledge transfer lost, kinda sucks to be honest.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's why this doesn't bother me. How long have we been saying his play has dropped off so bad that all he does is run five yards, catch, and fall forward for two. No big loss here IMO. Guess we'll find out how much the staff believes in Gathers after rounds two and three.
I think all this surprise by the clan is a little suspect, honestly. You can't believe a thing theyre saying right now. It's so much misdirection. Hell, Stephen already been praising the skill level of the current TE position, minus Witten.

We like where we are.....

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think some of you are underestimating how good Witten still is, just like some are underestimating how good Dez is still and how good Romo still was.

3 massive losses in about a year.

I hope Zeke is prepared for about 450 touches.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I think some of you are underestimating how good Witten still is, just like some are underestimating how good Dez is still and how good Romo still was.

3 massive losses in about a year.

I hope Zeke is prepared for about 450 touches.

Sorry, but if those guys were all so good how come the team mostly sucked while they were here?

Top Bottom