Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I mean what are they allowed to do, practice as normal?
    defense wins championships

    Comment


    • Originally posted by p1_ View Post
      I mean what are they allowed to do, practice as normal?
      Yeah, they can practice. But, generally when put on IR they are hurt enough they have to work off to the side with trainers and don't practice with the team.
      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

      Comment


      • Originally posted by p1_ View Post
        I mean what are they allowed to do, practice as normal?
        I don't think they can.

        Comment


        • I don’t care if this is a repost. It’s a good tribute.

          Comment


          • Saw that earlier.

            God I hate Jason Garrett

            Prime example of the players bailing Garrett out. By his own admission, the playcall was terrible for the defense the lions came out in. Yet there we were, 4th down and six in a playoff game. Do we call time out? Change the playcall? Nope. And was it just a coincidence the lions came out in the perfect defense for our playcall? Or was it another example of our predictability?

            Still... the ball is snapped, Witten semi-improvised and he and Romo make a great play. Otherwise it’s year 8 and still zero playoff wins for our idiot coach.

            Comment


            • Nors, I think, was one of the all time best

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                I don't think they can.
                Yes, they can. Only suspended players can't participate with the team.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                  Yes, they can. Only suspended players can't participate with the team.
                  Injured Reserve
                  NFL teams are permitted to place any number of players on Injured Reserve. Any player placed on the IR list counts against the salary cap, but not against the roster limit. These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and sign with another team. These players may not practice with their team at any time, but can attend team meetings and be around the team. This year for the first time, two NFL players from each team will be eligible to come off IR after eight weeks of being on the list...

                  __________

                  So no they can't practice. Which was my main problem with placing Rico on IR to stash him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                    Injured Reserve
                    NFL teams are permitted to place any number of players on Injured Reserve. Any player placed on the IR list counts against the salary cap, but not against the roster limit. These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and sign with another team. These players may not practice with their team at any time, but can attend team meetings and be around the team. This year for the first time, two NFL players from each team will be eligible to come off IR after eight weeks of being on the list...

                    __________

                    So no they can't practice. Which was my main problem with placing Rico on IR to stash him.
                    I stand corrected.
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                      Injured Reserve
                      NFL teams are permitted to place any number of players on Injured Reserve. Any player placed on the IR list counts against the salary cap, but not against the roster limit. These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and sign with another team. These players may not practice with their team at any time, but can attend team meetings and be around the team. This year for the first time, two NFL players from each team will be eligible to come off IR after eight weeks of being on the list...

                      __________

                      So no they can't practice. Which was my main problem with placing Rico on IR to stash him.
                      So he truly lost a full 4-5 months of development. Thats not good for a basketball guy trying to become an NFL tight end.
                      defense wins championships

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                        So he truly lost a full 4-5 months of development. Thats not good for a basketball guy trying to become an NFL tight end.
                        Yep, I mean I guess he could have been working on things individually but I doubt it. I guess he still got "mental" reps but anyone who has played football before knows those only go so far. You need to be on the field actually doing those things for them to stick on game day.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                          Yep, I mean I guess he could have been working on things individually but I doubt it. I guess he still got "mental" reps but anyone who has played football before knows those only go so far. You need to be on the field actually doing those things for them to stick on game day.
                          Maybe he was working out with Zeke in Cabo...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X