2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ten more picks to go. Let's hope Poona Ford goes undrafted and we can entice the Texas guy to stay home and come to Dallas as an UDFA.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The more I think about this Scarbrough pick, the more I like it. Going into the draft, I had my sights set on somebody like Nyheim Hines. Bo Scar is about as from from that as possible.

Not only is he great value in the 7th, but he will be a nice hammer to send out there once in awhile to spell Zeke. And moreso, he's nice insurance in case Zeke decides to start acting the fool again. A RB like Hines couldn't provide that piece of mind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They need to bring in every swinging dick they can at DT.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Gonna start a Jihad in big D. Dude looks like a David Irving clone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strengths

Can play both end spots and has bumped down inside to tackle as well. Has room for even more muscle on his frame. Great effort throughout the play and will continue his chase until whistle blows. Length and down*-the*-line quickness give him expanded playmaking range. Urgent closing burst to the ball. Full force tackler with thump behind his pads. Keeps feet moving and active throughout his pass rush. Can become a quality edge-*setter with a little lower pad level. Has some pass rush reps showing ankle flexion to turn corner at 45-degree angle. Won?t let tight ends punk him. Better pick man than twister in tackle/end and end/tackle twists. Traits are there and teams likely to be patient with his development.

Weaknesses

Has tools to set a harder edge but isn't there yet. Inconsistent contact balance. Lays on blocks longer than he should. Needs to keep working on controlling the rep with better hand work. Long legs get caught up in trash around the line of scrimmage. Below average at protecting against cut blocks. Instincts very much a work in progress. Could use nasty glass*-eater mentality at point of attack. Doesn?t flash the mean to impose his will. Not a natural counter puncher as pass rusher once initial try is stuffed. Won't always accelerate into contact as pass rusher limiting his power potential.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Awuzie's response to Switzer's trade.

data

Forbes #1
:lol dude was at the draft signing Cowboys stuff

Id be pissed if I bought a Cowboys thing to get signed and then Switzers no longer a Cowboy hours later.

“Why do you have a Ryan switzer autograph on a Cowboys hat?” It reminds me of Randy Jackson signing a samurai sword.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol dude was at the draft signing Cowboys stuff

Id be pissed if I bought a Cowboys thing to get signed and then Switzers no longer a Cowboy hours later.

“Why do you have a Ryan switzer autograph on a Cowboys hat?” It reminds me of Randy Jackson signing a samurai sword.

Damn that's cold

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Quit paying attention for a while, but we traded Switzer? That's awesome. Gruden must have lost his mind.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Two drafts and two FA off seasons go by, and still no real 1 tech.
2018 will be the year Ash and Price become All Pros
Unreal
This continues to be the most puzzling issue. Even when we ran the 3-4 we didn't value the big stud NG/NT. Now with the 4-3 we continue to not only not value DT but basically ignore it altogether. Yet we still continue to load up on LB's with premium picks. Really amazing.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Props.

Radio feed saying Kellen Moore has history with White before this process as they shared coaches.

If you're gonna hit the lotto, I'd rather hit it at QB than Maurice Hurst. I'm not close to confident Dak is a set-in-stone starter for the next 2 years to the end of his contract.
I wasn't opposed to taking a flier on Mike White until I heard we're now relying on Kellen Moore's history with players. WTH?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This continues to be the most puzzling issue. Even when we ran the 3-4 we didn't value the big stud NG/NT. Now with the 4-3 we continue to not only not value DT but basically ignore it altogether. Yet we still continue to load up on LB's with premium picks. Really amazing.
The fact we did not upgrade the DTs is a real problem IMO.

Somebody has to keep the bodies off the linebackers to begin with.

Top Bottom