2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

GShock

DCC 4Life
How horrifically did NC State underperform this year?

Lotta guys getting picked.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wonder if our coaching staff would consider using him as a rush LBer in long yardage? Our regular passrush Dline with him lined up at LBer. He looked pretty explosive rushing from the LB spot from all over in this video. Might be a nice wrinkle. I wonder if he has any coverage skills, where he could drop in the passing lanes so it's just not obvious he's rushing the passer when he's on the field.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I wonder if our coaching staff would consider using him as a rush LBer in long yardage? Our regular passrush Dline with him lined up at LBer. He looked pretty explosive rushing from the LB spot from all over in this video. Might be a nice wrinkle. I wonder if he has any coverage skills, where he could drop in the passing lanes so it's just not obvious he's rushing the passer when he's on the field.
The Tampa-2 will occasionally employ the “elephant” LB position where a hybrid LB/DE will line up in between their spots as a pass rusher, so I guess it’s possible.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
FWIW, this guy is only 20 years old and Dane Brugler had him rated as a 3rd rounder.

Guess he must have heard of him... :art

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
We've already let Senat and Shepard get away. Gonna do the same with Settle and Futakasi?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Mini rant alert: David Newberry and David Moore on the Ticket are talking like the Cowboys are the draft masters. I've said myself that we draft just fine lately, but they're acting like everything we do is golden. Moore even made the excuse on not taking a TE that they hadn't scouted TEs much since they expected Witten to be here, so they didn't know that much about them, so not taking one is just sticking to their process which has worked so well lately. Huh?

Just can't really accept this idea that well, Stephen and Will wanted to do this so it must be right. Listening to them, you'd think we'd won more than two playoff games in 22 years.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Mayock is irritating me. Every fucking time a guy is picked, he blurts out “He’s a really good football player”. Just shut up.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Garrett and the boys must feel better about Gathers than I thought. Only reason I can come up with for not moving around for a TE.
Just a thought

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Fuck. Carolina just traded up. Please don’t grab Hurst.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Mini rant alert: David Newberry and David Moore on the Ticket are talking like the Cowboys are the draft masters. I've said myself that we draft just fine lately, but they're acting like everything we do is golden. Moore even made the excuse on not taking a TE that they hadn't scouted TEs much since they expected Witten to be here, so they didn't know that much about them, so not taking one is just sticking to their process which has worked so well lately. Huh?

Just can't really accept this idea that well, Stephen and Will wanted to do this so it must be right. Listening to them, you'd think we'd won more than two playoff games in 22 years.
I do agree that they shouldn't panic and take a TE if they aren't prepared to do so.

However, there's really no excuse for them to not be prepared.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom