2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

data

Forbes #1
Fuck the NFL for Thursday starts. Fuck them with a goat-ass ramrod pole.

With the pleasantries out the way, let's chatter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
99% of the time I hate this Thursday start bullshit.

But I'm getting married Saturday so this is the one year that I'm glad the draft starts Thursday.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

But I'm getting married Saturday so this is the one year that I'm glad the draft starts Thursday.
Congrats.

We got married the day Julius Jones was drafted.

As I headed to the altar I knew that Steven Jackson was still available and we were a few picks away.

Hearing the news of the trade down made it one of the worst days of my life, but at least there was cake and beer.

data

Forbes #1

You may have cursed yourself as anniversary weekend getaways/dinners will perpetually create tension with the NFL Draft. You're safe until 2022, when April 28th falls on Thursday.

"Honey, can we go to that special romantic restaurant by the bay for our anniversary? It's on Thursday..."
"ummmm.....no? It's the start of the event where we watch a man in a suit stand behind a podium to call out names"

But, congrats. My wedding day is one of the best days of my life.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Congrats

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Mayfield going #1 according to reports.

Jane Slater reports Cowboys will attempt to trade up for Ridley or Derwin James starting around pick 14 (so maybe a couple earlier or later).

My feeling is that 2nd and 3rd round picks may be more valuable than usual in this draft, so a third may get you higher than you think.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Congrats, but I wish you had said something sooner. Need more time to work on my Best Man speech.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You may have cursed yourself as anniversary weekend getaways/dinners will perpetually create tension with the NFL Draft. You're safe until 2022, when April 28th falls on Thursday.

"Honey, can we go to that special romantic restaurant by the bay for our anniversary? It's on Thursday..."
"ummmm.....no? It's the start of the event where we watch a man in a suit stand behind a podium to call out names"

But, congrats. My wedding day is one of the best days of my life.
I've been keeping up with draft remotely for the last 14 years.

This year, however, my wife is working the weekend. Hoping I can send the kids off as well.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Mayfield going #1 according to reports.

Jane Slater reports Cowboys will attempt to trade up for Ridley or Derwin James starting around pick 14 (so maybe a couple earlier or later).

My feeling is that 2nd and 3rd round picks may be more valuable than usual in this draft, so a third may get you higher than you think.
If Baker goes 1st, the Giants are liable to land a ransom for the 2nd pick. .

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
So someone waits until draft day to rat fuck Josh Allen. Schefter thinks it was done by a team that wants him to fall to them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep. If the Browns like three QBs, then why not take Barkley?
Cause don’t fuck around at QB. Get the one you like best, period.

You’ll get Barkley at 4. If you don’t for some reason, you’ll get Chubb.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
7:09 AM PT -- Allen spoke with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith -- fessed up to the tweets and explained he was "young and dumb."

Smith says Allen insisted the "If it ain't white" line was a reference to an episode of "Modern Family" -- and was not meant to be racist.

Allen also claims at least one of the N-word tweets was a reference to a Rick Ross song.

Allen told Smith there's no excuse for the tweets and he understands posting that stuff was wrong -- but says his teammates know he's not a racist person.

Josh Allen -- one of the top QBs in the NFL Draft -- is apologizing for dropping the n-word on Twitter years ago ... saying he was "young and dumb."

The tweets surfaced Wednesday night ... one day before the draft -- and Allen had posted them to his real, authentic account back when he was in high school.

Some of the tweets ...

"i dont think you n**gas want a troubled son!" -- June 14, 2012

“N**gas Trying To Get At Me" -- February 12, 2013

"Bout to show up these N**gas at pong" -- February 26, 2012

"If it ain't white, it ain't right" -- June 25, 2013

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cause don’t fuck around at QB. Get the one you like best, period.

You’ll get Barkley at 4. If you don’t for some reason, you’ll get Chubb.
Yeah no one really likes 3 guys equally at QB. You rank them how you rank them and take the top guy. You have to make that type of a pick with conviction.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So someone waits until draft day to rat fuck Josh Allen. Schefter thinks it was done by a team that wants him to fall to them.
It's definitely someone who wants to hurt his draft stock. If not by a team who wants Allen then by a QB who wants to go before him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's definitely someone who wants to hurt his draft stock. If not by a team who wants Allen then by a QB who wants to go before him.
It was first reported by UCLA student journalist Josh Mexico.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
7:09 AM PT -- Allen spoke with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith -- fessed up to the tweets and explained he was "young and dumb."

Smith says Allen insisted the "If it ain't white" line was a reference to an episode of "Modern Family" -- and was not meant to be racist.

Allen also claims at least one of the N-word tweets was a reference to a Rick Ross song.

Allen told Smith there's no excuse for the tweets and he understands posting that stuff was wrong -- but says his teammates know he's not a racist person.

Josh Allen -- one of the top QBs in the NFL Draft -- is apologizing for dropping the n-word on Twitter years ago ... saying he was "young and dumb."

The tweets surfaced Wednesday night ... one day before the draft -- and Allen had posted them to his real, authentic account back when he was in high school.

Some of the tweets ...

"i dont think you n**gas want a troubled son!" -- June 14, 2012

“N**gas Trying To Get At Me" -- February 12, 2013

"Bout to show up these N**gas at pong" -- February 26, 2012

"If it ain't white, it ain't right" -- June 25, 2013
Just another reason kids shouldn't be allowed to tweet, post, etc...

Top Bottom