Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

    Fuck the NFL for Thursday starts. Fuck them with a goat-ass ramrod pole.

    With the pleasantries out the way, let's chatter.

  • #2
    99% of the time I hate this Thursday start bullshit.

    But I'm getting married Saturday so this is the one year that I'm glad the draft starts Thursday.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
      99% of the time I hate this Thursday start bullshit.

      But I'm getting married Saturday so this is the one year that I'm glad the draft starts Thursday.
      Congrats.

      We got married the day Julius Jones was drafted.

      As I headed to the altar I knew that Steven Jackson was still available and we were a few picks away.

      Hearing the news of the trade down made it one of the worst days of my life, but at least there was cake and beer.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
        99% of the time I hate this Thursday start bullshit.

        But I'm getting married Saturday so this is the one year that I'm glad the draft starts Thursday.
        You may have cursed yourself as anniversary weekend getaways/dinners will perpetually create tension with the NFL Draft. You're safe until 2022, when April 28th falls on Thursday.

        "Honey, can we go to that special romantic restaurant by the bay for our anniversary? It's on Thursday..."
        "ummmm.....no? It's the start of the event where we watch a man in a suit stand behind a podium to call out names"

        But, congrats. My wedding day is one of the best days of my life.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          99% of the time I hate this Thursday start bullshit.

          But I'm getting married Saturday so this is the one year that I'm glad the draft starts Thursday.
          Congrats
          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

          Comment


          • #6
            Mayfield going #1 according to reports.

            Jane Slater reports Cowboys will attempt to trade up for Ridley or Derwin James starting around pick 14 (so maybe a couple earlier or later).

            My feeling is that 2nd and 3rd round picks may be more valuable than usual in this draft, so a third may get you higher than you think.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
              99% of the time I hate this Thursday start bullshit.

              But I'm getting married Saturday so this is the one year that I'm glad the draft starts Thursday.
              Congrats, but I wish you had said something sooner. Need more time to work on my Best Man speech.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pdom View Post
                You may have cursed yourself as anniversary weekend getaways/dinners will perpetually create tension with the NFL Draft. You're safe until 2022, when April 28th falls on Thursday.

                "Honey, can we go to that special romantic restaurant by the bay for our anniversary? It's on Thursday..."
                "ummmm.....no? It's the start of the event where we watch a man in a suit stand behind a podium to call out names"

                But, congrats. My wedding day is one of the best days of my life.
                I've been keeping up with draft remotely for the last 14 years.

                This year, however, my wife is working the weekend. Hoping I can send the kids off as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                  Mayfield going #1 according to reports.

                  Jane Slater reports Cowboys will attempt to trade up for Ridley or Derwin James starting around pick 14 (so maybe a couple earlier or later).

                  My feeling is that 2nd and 3rd round picks may be more valuable than usual in this draft, so a third may get you higher than you think.
                  If Baker goes 1st, the Giants are liable to land a ransom for the 2nd pick. .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So someone waits until draft day to rat fuck Josh Allen. Schefter thinks it was done by a team that wants him to fall to them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                      If Baker goes 1st, the Giants are liable to land a ransom for the 2nd pick. .
                      Yep. If the Browns like three QBs, then why not take Barkley?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                        So someone waits until draft day to rat fuck Josh Allen. Schefter thinks it was done by a team that wants him to fall to them.
                        What happened?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                          Yep. If the Browns like three QBs, then why not take Barkley?
                          Cause don’t fuck around at QB. Get the one you like best, period.

                          You’ll get Barkley at 4. If you don’t for some reason, you’ll get Chubb.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                            What happened?
                            Some racially insensitive tweets from high school

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              7:09 AM PT -- Allen spoke with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith -- fessed up to the tweets and explained he was "young and dumb."

                              Smith says Allen insisted the "If it ain't white" line was a reference to an episode of "Modern Family" -- and was not meant to be racist.

                              Allen also claims at least one of the N-word tweets was a reference to a Rick Ross song.

                              Allen told Smith there's no excuse for the tweets and he understands posting that stuff was wrong -- but says his teammates know he's not a racist person.

                              Josh Allen -- one of the top QBs in the NFL Draft -- is apologizing for dropping the n-word on Twitter years ago ... saying he was "young and dumb."

                              The tweets surfaced Wednesday night ... one day before the draft -- and Allen had posted them to his real, authentic account back when he was in high school.

                              Some of the tweets ...

                              "i dont think you n**gas want a troubled son!" -- June 14, 2012

                              “N**gas Trying To Get At Me" -- February 12, 2013

                              "Bout to show up these N**gas at pong" -- February 26, 2012

                              "If it ain't white, it ain't right" -- June 25, 2013

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X