2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Pretty cool, fanspeak has been updated with the first round results. If you run the 1st round and pick LVE, it fills in the rest of the picks just as they were made. Here's how the 2nd round went:

33: R2P1
EDGE LORENZO CARTER
CLEVELAND BROWNS

34: R2P2
EDGE HAROLD LANDRY
NEW YORK GIANTS

35: R2P3
C JAMES DANIELS
CLEVELAND BROWNS

36: R2P4
EDGE KEMOKO TURAY
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

37: R2P5
RB DERRIUS GUICE
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

38: R2P6
RB NICK CHUBB
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

39: R2P7
G WILL HERNANDEZ
CHICAGO BEARS

40: R2P8
CB JOSH JACKSON
DENVER BRONCOS

41: R2P9
EDGE JOSH SWEAT
OAKLAND RAIDERS

42: R2P10
LB FRED WARNER
MIAMI DOLPHINS

43: R2P11
OT CONNOR WILLIAMS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

44: R2P12
RB KERRYON JOHNSON
WASHINGTON REDSKINS

45: R2P13
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
GREEN BAY PACKERS

46: R2P14
G AUSTIN CORBETT
CINCINNATI BENGALS

47: R2P15
OT TYRELL CROSBY
ARIZONA CARDINALS

48: R2P16
WR COURTLAND SUTTON
LA CHARGERS

49: R2P17
LB DARIUS LEONARD
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Sutton at 48 is a big kick in the balls and all the OL going which is totally going to happen. That leaves us:
Ronnie Harrison
Dallas Goedert
Christian Kirk
Mike Gesiki
Maurice Hearst
DJ Chark
Anthony Miller
Nathan Sheppard
Eq St Brown
I take Kirk there and walk away happy as hell.

Cotton

Staff member
Was he really? In 5 years he had 4 career interceptions, he had 5 sacks once but then never more than 2 any other time, and he basically was a 50-70 tackle guy. 50-70 tackles is good for something like 120th to 30th in a given year. We're not talking Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner here.

He was good when he had his act together, but not even really Pro Bowl good. We remember him fondly-ish because of the garbage we've had come through our LB spots the last half decade other than Lee.

LVE's knock was that for such a big guy he's actually not the best tackler and not the best at the point of attack. He's being kinda projected as a guy who can grow into that thumper role a little more.

He's massive, but he can run sideline to sideline and cover. So people are projecting a guy who can excel at both movement and physicality.

I'm scared that we have another LB who hasn't proven they can win over blocks. Lee isn't great at it anymore and Smith was abysmal at it. And guess what else? No true 1T/NT to protect these finesse backers.
Of what I have seen of him, I don't see this at all.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Jerry says in the Press Conference that they "never" tried to trade up. That they had LVE "picked out early" as a key player for them.

Fucking enraging. They locked in on this guy weeks ago. Chubb could have fucking been there and they would have been like.... "Who? What's going on? Something happening that we didn't anticipate? Gee.... I guess we'll just stick with the white linebacker we committed to weeks ago."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's his knock in his scouting reports.

"Slowed by road blocks in pursuit. Inconsistent edge setter. Immature take-on skills."

"Takes himself out of tackling position.... tends to overpursue and miss tackles." Etc.

He has the size and skills to be dominant. But as of right now, he's been a huge guy with speed who can get sideline to sideline..... but he needs to work on his physicality and using his size to be a real complete player.

Cotton

Staff member
That's his knock in his scouting reports.

"Slowed by road blocks in pursuit. Inconsistent edge setter. Immature take-on skills."

"Takes himself out of tackling position.... tends to overpursue and miss tackles." Etc.

He has the size and skills to be dominant. But as of right now, he's been a huge guy with speed who can get sideline to sideline..... but he needs to work on his physicality and using his size to be a real complete player.
Technique can be coached into him. I am okay with this pick.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sucks that we lost Eberflus, I believe he was key to our recent LB success...a smart guy who seemed to have a grip on the nuances of the little things players could do to get an advantage. Maybe Lee can help speed up LV's progress.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You nailed this, his jersey is on sale already.
I think [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] called it, I just nodded and agreed.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Technique can be coached into him. I am okay with this pick.
If you wanted a different pick you can always find warts on the player that you didnt want. Im sure that there are other reports saying differently.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
LVE struck me as a big goofy kid who wasn't that articulate. I wonder what he scored on the Wonderlic.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Perhaps not his best moment (insert cherry picking concession here)

Cotton

Staff member
Perhaps not his best moment (insert cherry picking concession here)

Yeah, that was bad.

Cotton

Staff member
Draft begins at 6 central tonight, in case anyone was wondering.

Top Bottom