2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He better be more than Rolando McClain.
Really, why? McClain was a badass. Just a headcase off the field.

Honestly, I haven't kept up with the draft much this year. What's the knock on him? 6-4, 250 4.65 doesn't sound bad at all. Is he too tall to be very quick or something?

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Honestly, I haven't kept up with the draft much this year. What's the knock on him? 6-4, 250 4.65 doesn't sound bad at all. Is he too tall to be very quick or something?
Well he has trouble getting off blocks so some have labelled him as not quite physical enough. However, he was only a one year starter so one thinks he could improve on that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He said the N word in tweets when he was 14. And apparently it was the "a" version, referencing homies, rather than the "er" version, with any actual malice.
Seems like pretty normal behavior from a 14 year old in the 2010s...

He seems a little douchey but less so than someone like Mayfield.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Was he really? In 5 years he had 4 career interceptions, he had 5 sacks once but then never more than 2 any other time, and he basically was a 50-70 tackle guy. 50-70 tackles is good for something like 120th to 30th in a given year. We're not talking Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner here.

He was good when he had his act together, but not even really Pro Bowl good. We remember him fondly-ish because of the garbage we've had come through our LB spots the last half decade other than Lee.

LVE's knock was that for such a big guy he's actually not the best tackler and not the best at the point of attack. He's being kinda projected as a guy who can grow into that thumper role a little more.

He's massive, but he can run sideline to sideline and cover. So people are projecting a guy who can excel at both movement and physicality.

I'm scared that we have another LB who hasn't proven they can win over blocks. Lee isn't great at it anymore and Smith was abysmal at it. And guess what else? No true 1T/NT to protect these finesse backers.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sutton at 48 is a big kick in the balls and all the OL going which is totally going to happen. That leaves us:
Ronnie Harrison
Dallas Goedert
Christian Kirk
Mike Gesiki
Maurice Hearst
DJ Chark
Anthony Miller
Nathan Sheppard
Eq St Brown
If that's the way it shakes out, I take Goedert and don't look back. There will still be WRs to be had in the 3rd. Trade up if need be. But Goedert will help us transition from Witten, and we'll enjoy another top TE for the next 10+ years.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
If that's the way it shakes out, I take Goedert and don't look back. There will still be WRs to be had in the 3rd. Trade up if need be. But Goedert will help us transition from Witten, and we'll enjoy another top TE for the next 10+ years.
I wouldn't be sad.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Schmitty - no he wasn't Kuechly but those guys are exceedingly rare. If this guy were another Greenway -- I get the comparison: white, rural, tall -- I think that would be pretty good.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Was he really? In 5 years he had 4 career interceptions, he had 5 sacks once but then never more than 2 any other time, and he basically was a 50-70 tackle guy. 50-70 tackles is good for something like 120th to 30th in a given year. We're not talking Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner here.

He was good when he had his act together, but not even really Pro Bowl good. We remember him fondly-ish because of the garbage we've had come through our LB spots the last half decade other than Lee.

LVE's knock was that for such a big guy he's actually not the best tackler and not the best at the point of attack. He's being kinda projected as a guy who can grow into that thumper role a little more.

He's massive, but he can run sideline to sideline and cover. So people are projecting a guy who can excel at both movement and physicality.

I'm scared that we have another LB who hasn't proven they can win over blocks. Lee isn't great at it anymore and Smith was abysmal at it. And guess what else? No true 1T/NT to protect these finesse backers.
Watch him vs Oregon and vs Fresno State in the MWC title game and stop complaining.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Pretty cool, fanspeak has been updated with the first round results. If you run the 1st round and pick LVE, it fills in the rest of the picks just as they were made. Here's how the 2nd round went:

Sutton at 48 is a big kick in the balls and all the OL going which is totally going to happen. That leaves us:
Ronnie Harrison
Dallas Goedert
Christian Kirk
Mike Gesiki
Maurice Hearst
DJ Chark
Anthony Miller
Nathan Sheppard
Eq St Brown
I take Maurice Hurst and not think twice about it.

Nad

Brand New Member
At pic 50 the Dallas Cowboy's select......................WR James Washington OK State..................Not my choice I'g go DT or O-line..............................But I'm good with the Vander Esch pick...................I just think that this team is predicated on a DOMINANT run game and a G is the last piece.......................We did very good in FA acquiring depth...........................n we need a 1 tech with a lard arse bottom n poor hygiene habits!

Nad

Brand New Member
I don't care he tested -4 on the wonderlic n runs a 14.4 in the 40........................

Nad

Brand New Member
The Cowboys are at their best when they are Beefy.....................Flash just comes natural in the skilled positions........................Make it easy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be sad.

The only thing that would make me cry is seeing him sit on the bench next year while Witten hogs 97% of the offensive snaps again and averages 7 yards a catch.

I'd probably take Kirk or Chark in that scenario though. Or maybe Ronnie Harrison, I really like him. Not bad options at all.

I don't trust Hursts heart. Thickening of the lining of his heart. Something that can't be fixed and continue his career.

Top Bottom