2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Giants had a very good draft unfortunately.

But I thought the eagles draft sucked. :towel

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Finally. I was getting tired of the Eagles cleaning up every year.

The Giants did have a good draft.... but they didn't get a franchise QB. So there is that, which is nice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah the only guy I didn't like that they drafted was Carter. And I get it, he is a height/weight/speed guy but he sucks. But everyone else I thought was a really good pick where they got the guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally. I was getting tired of the Eagles cleaning up every year.

The Giants did have a good draft.... but they didn't get a franchise QB. So there is that, which is nice.
They were such a mess last year. I have a hard time seeing them doing much next year anyway. And frankly there defense still doesn't look very good to me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Broaddus is now saying that if Williams had not been on the board at 50 we would have traded that pick for Thomas.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Broaddus is now saying that if Williams had not been on the board at 50 we would have traded that pick for Thomas.
Supposedly we were down to either Williams or Justin Reid at 50, so if Williams was gone and the choice was Reid vs. Thomas I could see them making that move.

If that is truly the case I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to give up their 2nd next year, and I don't see why Seattle wouldn't take it. Even if they get a comp pick out of losing Thomas next year they won't get it until 2020.

Not saying they should give up the 2nd, just saying it'd make sense for them to offer it. It also seems quite petty on the part of the Seahawks that they supposedly very much wanted 50 for Thomas but turned their noses up at 81, they've already seemingly made the decision that he's not going to be back in 2019 and the 81st pick in 2018 is better than anything they're going to get for him.

Top Bottom